front splitters available? may have a solution but need pics!

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
I talked to an FR500S american iron racer a few weeks ago and he was saying that a gstream was on his wish list. Theyre nice and most of all adjustable.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Well just got finished building and mocking up the first one. I will have some pics up on Monday!

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
I actually just looked it up, and the G-stream costs the same. lol

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
this actually made me go make a template out of cardboard today with some down time at work. Depending on how easy this goes I may give it a try :thumb2:

Well just got finished building and mocking up the first one. I will have some pics up on Monday!

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
You sound like Yoda when you're typing on your phone.:crazy:

Likely moved to G-stream they did. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Lol! Yoda is pretty pimp. I'd like to see him play twister. He'd be looking at a circle like 5 inches away shaking his head.
I'll go "fix" my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
Done lurking. This thread is awesome. I want to see these splitters installed!

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys here is what it looks like. It goes all the way back PAST the sterring rack to the Kmember. Now this is not coverd yet. I will be doing that proabbly tonight with the carbon. The splitter rods are on their way. They are 3/8" with Heim Jounts and adjustable.

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Looks fantastic!

Can you give me some more details on the Omega bond stuff? This winter we are doing the ENTIRE underside of my blue car and I was going to use an aluminum honeycomb that is sandwiched between two thin sheets of aluminum. There is no doubt that it will work and is pretty damn light, but its pricey. What you are using may be an option for me. Any info you can give me (specific Omega bond “formula” for example) would be great.

One thing you may want to factor in is sealing the bottom between the radiator support and the K-member. It’s OK to seal that up tight when the car has a Tiger Racing hood. But if you don’t have a lot of venting in the hood you will probably need to vent through the bottom. If you don’t the aero drag will slow the car down, create front end lift and it won’t cool as well. Some louvers between the radiator support and the K-member that work like the 2010+ OEM ones wouldn’t be a bad idea at all.

The S197 chassis is VERY sensitive to getting air out of the engine compartment.

Thanks

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
roadracer, where did you get the support rods? also are there any cheap ones or are they all like 40 a piece

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
roadracer, where did you get the support rods? also are there any cheap ones or are they all like 40 a piece

$40! That would be the least expensive thing I bought for my stupid car!:roflmao:

Check eBay for NASCAR take off stuff. I have seen those support rods in sets of 6-8 for $30.

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
The ones for my car I am hand making at work. I am going to use some .250" rod ends and the center rod I will make out of either solid alum or SS. The connector I will use a round piece of alum and make a custom piece. For the ones that I will supply if people want these are some I have pieced together here locally for about 25-30 a set. I have done everything I can to make this a good product but cheap enough people can actually afford instead of this unobtanium that companies are selling.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back