Horrible experience w Adam @ STMotorsports

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Holy hell. This kept me busy for an hour. I noticed Adam is viewing the sub forum too. Maybe he'll chim in. +1 on lito getting paid.

I do however have one question, bad habit 2 break do u have a KB and a boss intake?

KB = Kona Blue

And yes, I have a Boss intake

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
Cars been at Greg's shop for a few hours now. He had my friends car on the dyno and finished her up after I left.

His car made 470rwhp from a 3.4" saleen that I sold him from my car. Now that's what I call impressive, and that wasn't even the final number as I had to leave.

Even though he said he probably wouldn't have time today he was able to get my car on the dyno after my buddies was done and called me the second he got done with the first tune/pull. He's even going to keep working on it tonight and send me a video of it.

Now that's what I call fucking service...

She put down 590rwhp at 16.8 deg peak no methanol.

He said he might be able to finish tomorrow and should be well over 600rwhp.

He said he never heard it knock once and fuel was at 75% DC max. No mechanical issues whatsoever and he didn't have a single gripe about the MAF or fuel setup like Adam did.

All in all I can say this has been the best day in a while. I just got hired at a new job today and left Adams POS shop in the dust for good.

Me and lito have settled our business and no animosity is held by either party.

This has been a lesson for me in more ways that one, and one thing I can say to all other muscle car owners about it is to stay the fuck away from ST Motorsports!

nitrobob

forum member
Reaction score
Well I have come to two conclusions

One.... you are a

asshat_zps39c6c446.jpg

and:banhim:

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
:bigbeer: Had to start from the beginning....an hour later and 3 beers into it.....I'm glad I have beer. Very entertaining so thank you to all

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
So have you taken care of your dads friend? I'm sure he would like his trailer or money.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to tell you that Charlie and I exchanged some emails and agreed something.

He apologized for the comments and offered payment, I did not wanted the payment now and for me this was already a closed issue, I only became involved due to some imprecise comments made, either way we agreed in an amount and he will donate that money to red cross at the first time he can do it in behalf of the s197forum. He would post receipt here once it is done.

Glad car is coming along well.

I must say that I am really overwhelmed by forum support, real thanks to all.

Manuel.

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
My dads friend has $4k insurance on the trailer luckily with a $150 deductible.

I will be finding him a new trailer and will get him as good of a trailer or better and I will pay the difference if there is any, although from what I've found on craigslist I think I can get one for even money if not make a little for my dad's friend.

Greg is the motherfucking man...check out this vid he made me, again, he said he probably wouldn't even get to work on the car today, but he did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQqQjDILKkI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

595rwhp w/out methanol and yes i know it needs a new belt

Last edited by a moderator:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to tell you that Charlie and I exchanged some emails and agreed something.

He apologized for the comments and offered payment, I did not wanted the payment now and for me this was already a closed issue, I only became involved due to some imprecise comments made, either way we agreed in an amount and he will donate that money to red cross at the first time he can do it in behalf of the s197forum. He would post receipt here once it is done.

Glad car is coming along well.

I must say that I am really overwhelmed by forum support, real thanks to all.

Manuel.

Great idea to donate to charity Lito! Glad that's all settled! Now.....

WHERE"S THE RECEIPT OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckychance

forum member
Reaction score
so did greg get paid or did the op stiff him too?

wow lito, my hats off to u sir. that gesture speaks volume about your character and gives credence to the story. i know ure a tuner i can trust.

op, glad u came around, im just afraid that this lesson will slip away from your grasp in a few minutes after u read this

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
My dads friend has $4k insurance on the trailer luckily with a $150 deductible.

I will be finding him a new trailer and will get him as good of a trailer or better and I will pay the difference if there is any, although from what I've found on craigslist I think I can get one for even money if not make a little for my dad's friend.

Greg is the motherfucking man...check out this vid he made me, again, he said he probably wouldn't even get to work on the car today, but he did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQqQjDILKkI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

595rwhp w/out methanol and yes i know it needs a new belt

Great! So did Greg get paid?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nope, no tpyo; it seems that this is not ST's first rodeo with bad tuning/bad customer service and if the OP's car was not tuned properly why would he need to pay? Esp if RET tuned the car today, had no mechanical issues and got decent numbers out of the tune....

I know the OP did not pay Lito but he admitted that he made a mistake, rectified it and hopefully learned from it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh shit, I see what I did wrong...I meant Adam, my mistake! Disregard....OOPS!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back