What would happen if I used an alt off an auto on a 5spd car

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
You spell your text how you like, and I will spell mine how ever I like. Haha

Some may say it is spelled azzzzzzzzzzz! :naughty1:

lol, I have an 18 year old brother (I'm 33) and when my dad texts me it's in this unreadable "shorthand" that I can't stand, apparently I'm too old, lol. He has a masters and used to teach at A&M…I think honestly if would be more work to constantly remind autocorrect that no, you meant to spell it…rong.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
lol, I have an 18 year old brother (I'm 33) and when my dad texts me it's in this unreadable "shorthand" that I can't stand, apparently I'm too old, lol. He has a masters and used to teach at A&M…I think honestly if would be more work to constantly remind autocorrect that no, you meant to spell it…rong.

I'm 42 and have 21 and 15 year old boys. If I don't understand I just ask them.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
All 4.6 3v Mustangs from 2005-2008 use the same alternator, only one part number be it auto or manual.

In 2009-2010 they do list one for an auto and one for a manual and again n the 2011+ cars there's one listed for auto and one for manual.

To be honest I have no idea what the difference is, Ford goes back and forth on this, back in the 2004 and earlier Mustangs they had different alternators for auto and manual cars as well.

Could be amperage rating, could be one has a clutch pulley on it but Ford doesn't give any details at all on my end.

Not sure if that helps the discussion at all.

-Steve

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve - glad you saw the PM

All 4.6 3v Mustangs from 2005-2008 use the same alternator, only one part number be it auto or manual.

-Steve

well since the OP seems to have a 2005 MY.... looks like post #2 was in fact correct.....

so I guess while I don't "know it all" I did get this one correct...

so OP..... who's smart and whose the ass now??

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dave unpink him so we can have fun with him, at least for a few hours haha.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit either this guy has a master's in trolling or he's fucking retarded. Get brad in here to decode what is being said.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
If you read his other posts it's fine, either he had a stroke before this thread or he's trolling hard.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
God damnit! Must have been sleeping when this happened! I wondered why a unfamiliar pink name was on the board today.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Can this thread please go on forever? I haven't sincerely laughed this hard in a long, long time. Pretty sure I woke up one of my roommates.

I'm not 100% sure on part numbers, there may be differences between them on some years, but I know for a fact that any alternator off of any S197 GT will fit on a S197 GT.

The reason for the clutch pulley is that the autos shift fast enough to chirp the belt. It's less of an issue on the manuals, but they put a clutch on anyways.

The factory alternator is a 6G, which if you aren't an alternator buff, is a POS. Ford figured that out and switched to a Denso alternator later on. It's much better. Same size as the 6G but much better.

Hell, the 215amp alternator from the crown Vic will fit on a stock GT. The frame is different though, so it may not fit on all applications. Have to upgrade the power line though.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Well it seems he wasn't always as retarded as he is now. By looking at his previous posts it does appear he was still an asshole though.

i agree i'm not into "trailerd toys" 10 sec daily driven street cars are a blast i can't see spending 40 grand on a car and trailer it 800 miles to race it for a few hrs not my style either,hell i have a friend with a daily driven caddilac that would smoke most of the "built race cars on here" hell it's got tv's and onstar

Found this ...
as title reads looking for a wreck/builder roller or high milegt car cheap 513-239-6412 chris ready to buy!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back