2010 GT500 steering wheel/air bag in my 05

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I'm trying to find my notes from when I did mine. When I do, I can tell you what wires to match up to what. I'll work on that today. My horn and cruise control all work flawlessly.

cubican

Reaction score
Ok I got it to work, using the existing wire harness from the old wheel and the new one. To make the cruise work ; Black (new harness) to Green (old harness), Red to Red, Brown to blue, grey to white. If you want the lights to work on the radio control Red to red, amd black to green. The lights on the steering wheel are blue not green. Here is a pic.
pedrosjunkstuff229.jpg

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I got it to work, using the existing wire harness from the old wheel and the new one. To make the cruise work ; Black (new harness) to Green (old harness), Red to Red, Brown to blue, grey to white. If you want the lights to work on the radio control Red to red, amd black to green. The lights on the steering wheel are blue not green. Here is a pic.
pedrosjunkstuff229.jpg

pardon the mental imagery im about to provide.... but i got a boner the first time i saw that gt500 steering wheel... and even more so it being fitted on a non 2010 s197.... how much is this damn steering wheel from Ford? i tried getting a price a few places to no avail... you guys got a part# for the steering wheel?

thanks.

cubican

Reaction score
Part # is AR3Z-3600-AA Thats for the steering wheel not the air bag. As for cost I got it for 268.00 but I think they just had a price increse to 300.00

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
Part # is AR3Z-3600-AA Thats for the steering wheel not the air bag. As for cost I got it for 268.00 but I think they just had a price increse to 300.00

thanks for that... i assume prices will only go up from here... darn it!

cubican

Reaction score
Yes once ford racing gets a hold of it they will sell it for 450.00.

Reaction score
Yes once ford racing gets a hold of it they will sell it for 450.00.

i say wait a few years and get it from prestige or mps for about 1/4 of that. I get a lot of my parts salvaged from sn95s for my cobra. Just gotta find the right deal and know what you're looking at.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Who the hell wants to wait 3 years for a steering wheel?

I can still sell this wheel for $268 plus about $10 for shipping. If anyone's interested I can get you one.

Hoffstang

Reaction score
This is a little off topic, but is it at all possible to switch out the dashboard from the 2010 to a 05-09? And if so can you buy one or would you have to wait to get one from a wrecked car?

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
good question, but keep in mind if you do the dash you'll need to center conceil as well as the radio since the bottons are part of the panel.

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
it would be very difficult to put the whole dash of a 2010 in 09 and earlier s197.... it will require a lot of custom work to make it fit... but it could be done... question is will it be worth doing for the amount of money it will require to be done.... ive asked this exact same question before and that is pretty much the best anwser your gunna get hoffstang.

Im particularly just interested if I could do the whole centre stack and centre console area. But in the end i know the $$$ to do it wont be worth it, lol.

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
I've got a idea for the steering wheel radio controls. It is more focussed on people who have aftermarket, Sony and Pioneer AVIC F series radios. Sony makes a wired remote model # RM-X4S, that works with some of their radios and the Pioneer AVIC F series radios. If we could get the wire diagram for that remote, we could probably wire the radio controls in the new steering wheels to work with the Sony and Pioneer radios that work with that wired remote. If someone can find that diagram, I'll look it over and figure out if it will work and buy the steering wheel to try it out. I couldn't find the diagram for the Sony remote anywhere though. I guess I could buy one and take it apart and figure it out. Unless it is digital, but then it would need to be powered and I am pretty sure it isnt. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
Any updates on getting the controls to work? Especially with an aftermarket avic f series, I really want this to work so I can get it...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back