My review of JDM:

PiggySmallz

forum member
Reaction score
Ok vinny you got it...my 4.10's should make up for the 20's by then though your driveshaft will help you. It doesn't really matter though I have the driver mod

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Tell me that in a few months when you've got misfire codes and idle issues and the plugs look fine...

PiggySmallz

forum member
Reaction score
HAHA Chris if I could afford it I'd do it no questions asked

Vinny, those COP's are pretty legit I'd say if I lose it's definitely because of them. Not because of your ds or 18's lol

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
^ thats what im trying to figure out right now.... I want a whipple H.O. =[

Please donate to the Mylilpony Whipple Foundation!

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
OK children, relax... let the adults talk business...

Chris... we need to talk cams and a torque converter. I do not want a supercharger. I don't want a turbo, etc... I want some hardcore cams (Comp, Ford Racing, BBR) that give the biggest performance improvement and a quality torque converter (PI or TCI). The mods I have are in my signature below and the only thing I MIGHT CONSIDER for the future is a stroker kit with forged internals. That's waaay down the line though - if ever.

I know FI or NOS will net bigger gains for a little more money but that's not the route I want to go. I want cams and a TC and that's final.

Let me know your thoughts, opinions, prices, experiences, etc... No Saleen SC bullsh*t though :beer:

PM me the private stuff and everything else you can post here. You the man dude!

BTW - once we come to a conclusion on everything... THERE WILL BE A CHECKLIST as always :clap:

Gus

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
OK children, relax... let the adults talk business...

Chris... we need to talk cams and a torque converter. I do not want a supercharger. I don't want a turbo, etc... I want some hardcore cams (Comp, Ford Racing, BBR) that give the biggest performance improvement and a quality torque converter (PI or TCI). The mods I have are in my signature below and the only thing I MIGHT CONSIDER for the future is a stroker kit with forged internals. That's waaay down the line though - if ever.

I know FI or NOS will net bigger gains for a little more money but that's not the route I want to go. I want cams and a TC and that's final.

Let me know your thoughts, opinions, prices, experiences, etc... No Saleen SC bullsh*t though :beer:

PM me the private stuff and everything else you can post here. You the man dude!

BTW - once we come to a conclusion on everything... THERE WILL BE A CHECKLIST as always :clap:

Gus

While the torque converter is a great gain, you're going to get hammered on the labor cost of cams - ever take a look at that front cover?

Besides, if you make a checklist for removing the front dress, the front cover, the timing components, the valve covers, replacing the springs, etc. even you will forget a torque spec and a gasket here and there!

I would do cams when you do the stroker with some ported heads and 10.5:1 compression. For now, other than an aggressive dyno tune, I think your best bet is to gear it and spray it.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Hmmm I will ask Jim today why we take the timing cover off to do the cams...he's probably worried about making sure the cams are in time perfectly.

PiggySmallz

forum member
Reaction score
as long as you don't move the timing chain wedge the cams will be fine. I've seen quite a few guys do this when installing them and no problems yet...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back