Private Track Day FAMOSO (Bakersfield)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As you know, FAMOSO is the quickest and fastest 1/4 mile track in the So Cal area.

So, what if I got a private track day going for Feb/March/April timeframe? And what if said private track day cost was about $100 for each car? Who would be interested?

Obviously part of it would be test n tune.

But......what about a "who has the quickest / fastest 3V powered S197 on the west coast? No other rules, just that it is powered by a 3V and its a S197. Any trans, any poweradder or multiple poweradders?

We could also do this to make it more interesting: How about fastest N/A, fastest single power adder, and fastest period?

Gambler bracket race. One class, winner and r/u take all

And if not enough of us sign up, then maybe a S197 vs GTO vs ?? competition. OR what about S197s vs some 2003-2004 cobras? They are always commenting how slow our boat anchors are.

List:

1. psfracer
2. joedls
3. habu (tba)
4. Ken3030
5. Mister Roper
6. Don W
7. Leo 06GT
8. superfly s197 (tba)
9. chevykiller
10. Greg@RET
11. GT4Dino

Last edited:

habu

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could see myself joining up for that. IF I'm not getting a motor done in that timeframe I'd do it. $100 bucks is cheap. Two days at Barona is 80 !!!

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd be up for this. I don't stand a chance at being the fastest, but I'd love to go run with you guys. :thumb:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
That is definitely something I'd be interested in... especially if it was $100 per car, not per driver. And for those of use who wouldn't have a chance in a "quickest/fastest" competition, I'd like to see open T&T running all day long as well.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in for sure. I do think though that if you are going to have a 'shootout' on top of the TNT - then it should be the best 2 out of 3 IMO.

Especially since some of the 'fastest' cars have trouble making more than one clean pass...lol:evillaugh:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
who wants to let me drive their car???

maybe I'd fly out!!! :idea:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in Paul, I just need to find a 500# ballast so we can get ya a vid of your car beating the BN!

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Now I wish I could go take pictures and video's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back