Attaching a trailer on a mustang??

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Update!!!! Go to last post by me!!

Alright, going to NMRA this weekend, but over the course of two days ran into some major ass problems. I no longer can get there in a truck (bigger problem), and my two dogs can't stay at the hotel, and no one can watch them. fml. I need to pick up a motor, transmission, spydershaft, and 8.8 rear end while I'm in houston, is there any kind of trailer than can be hooked up to our cars or anyone in the houston area that knows if there are trailer rentals in the area that are compatible with our cars? ANY help would be appreciated, I'm in a massive bind right now and have to deal with a lot of arrangements I made and dates I moved to make i up there this weekend. Thank you.

Last edited:

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
i been wanting to get a trailer hitch on my car to get a small trailer to put drag tires on

could you rent a u-haul and if you need me to bring back some thing in like my trunk let me know and you could come to corpus and pick it up like sun or monday but let me know of i can do any thing

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
i been wanting to get a trailer hitch on my car to get a small trailer to put drag tires on

could you rent a u-haul and if you need me to bring back some thing in like my trunk let me know and you could come to corpus and pick it up like sun or monday but let me know of i can do any thing

I sent you a PM man, but yeah I hear you on that one. I've seen it on a vette before but never an S197. I may even have to get one of those small trailers and use tie downs and pray it all stays in.. LOL. (proly not gonna happen)

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
They make 1-1/4" receivers for our cars..but who knows if anyone stocks them as far as getting one on short notice. They may require trimming your rear bumper cover through if you've got the GT cover. I'd start checking with U-Haul and expand from there..

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best bet would be to rent a U-Haul truck and car trailer. You can keep the dogs in the truck along with the things you're picking up and trailer your car there. This would cost $$ but I don't think you can attach a temporary trailer hitch to the Stang.

Earl

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude, if it helps you NOT put a trailer hitch on a freaking Mustang, I'll watch your dogs for ya.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
They make 1-1/4" receivers for our cars..but who knows if anyone stocks them as far as getting one on short notice. They may require trimming your rear bumper cover through if you've got the GT cover. I'd start checking with U-Haul and expand from there..

That's what I was afraid of. I've got the GT bumper on now. I've still got the v6 ones, but don't think I'll have time to get to the shop and change it out.

Best bet would be to rent a U-Haul truck and car trailer. You can keep the dogs in the truck along with the things you're picking up and trailer your car there. This would cost $$ but I don't think you can attach a temporary trailer hitch to the Stang.

Earl

Well I don't need to take my car per say. and the smallest U-haul is going to be around 350 for one day just from Houston back to my area.

Dude, if it helps you NOT put a trailer hitch on a freaking Mustang, I'll watch your dogs for ya.

Lol, seriously? I've got two weiner dogs. One's 9 months (boy) and the other is 10 weeks (girl).

It would be cool if 5.0 did an article on how fast a full drivetrain swap could be done from a v6 to v8 at NMRA. That would be awesome, and I could just leave the old stuff somewhere and pick it up later. haha.

I'm making calls and either way it's going to cost some money, but it's gotta get done somehow. JDM is doing the favor of bringing the motor down for me this far, now I just need to get it down just a few more hours to south Texas. I'll report back later with how it's going.. Thanks again guys.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
if u want to come to corpus Friday you can ride with me to Houston and grab you a u haul to get every thing

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
It would be cool if 5.0 did an article on how fast a full drivetrain swap could be done from a v6 to v8 at NMRA. That would be awesome, and I could just leave the old stuff somewhere and pick it up later. haha.

that sound doable if we had a motor lift :popcorneat::beer:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lol, seriously? I've got two weiner dogs. One's 9 months (boy) and the other is 10 weeks (girl).
Sure, but you'd owe me *BIG* since they're yippie girly dogs and my dogs don't tolerate any crap from weiner dogs. :lol2: You could also just put them in a kennel... anything to avoid putting a hitch on a Mustang.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
if u want to come to corpus Friday you can ride with me to Houston and grab you a u haul to get every thing

It's me and my GF going, and I need to call u-haul back in a while too. If that works with you, it would work with me too man. I just need to see where I can pick up the u-haul in Houston, cause no need to drive it over there empty and pay for gas towing nothing. haha. Damn, last minute plans are killer!! oh, and gotta make a stop in San Antonio to pick up the rear end.. DAMN! forgot about that detour.. :chairfall:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Sure, but you'd owe me *BIG* since they're yippie girly dogs and my dogs don't tolerate any crap from weiner dogs. :lol2: You could also just put them in a kennel... anything to avoid putting a hitch on a Mustang.

LOL. what kind do you have? I'm still waiting on buying a house, then I can get my rotweiler I've been wanting forever. These dogs were my girls choice, and apparently she claims that our current back yard is too small for them. And the host hotel from westside mustangs doesn't accept pets so that's where I ran into that problem.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL. what kind do you have? I'm still waiting on buying a house, then I can get my rotweiler I've been wanting forever. These dogs were my girls choice, and apparently she claims that our current back yard is too small for them. And the host hotel from westside mustangs doesn't accept pets so that's where I ran into that problem.
That's it, blame it on your girl. :lol2: I have a beagle and a rottweiler/chow mix that's older than dirt but still likes a good weiner dog meal now and then.

:evillaugh:

Can't you stay in a different hotel? You don't have to stay in the sponsored hotel, do ya?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
anything to avoid putting a hitch on a Mustang.

What, can't appreciate a workhorse (har har har..get it? Mustang..horse..trailer..workhorse..I write all my own material except for what I steal!)? I'll be sure to send you hi-res shots of my hitch I plan on installing to use for a tire trailer.. :beer:

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
It's me and my GF going, and I need to call u-haul back in a while too. If that works with you, it would work with me too man. I just need to see where I can pick up the u-haul in Houston, cause no need to drive it over there empty and pay for gas towing nothing. haha. Damn, last minute plans are killer!! oh, and gotta make a stop in San Antonio to pick up the rear end.. DAMN! forgot about that detour.. :chairfall:

well i defanitly will not be going to SA but the one problem i see with all this is that im going to the track friday night to run then i was going home so you would have like have to pick up the uhaul in Houston when we got there and i will be leaving Saturday to go to a wedding and then i will be headed back to corpus so i dont know how all this is going to work out lol

and would you be bringing the dogs lol

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
That's it, blame it on your girl. :lol2: I have a beagle and a rottweiler/chow mix that's older than dirt but still likes a good weiner dog meal now and then.

:evillaugh:

Can't you stay in a different hotel? You don't have to stay in the sponsored hotel, do ya?

Nice dogs! lol, but the older boy is a little asshole. The girl just sleeps a lot. haha. and no, I'm going to see if I can stay with a friend of mine over there so I don't have to worry about the dogs.

well i defanitly will not be going to SA but the one problem i see with all this is that im going to the track friday night to run then i was going home so you would have like have to pick up the uhaul in Houston when we got there and i will be leaving Saturday to go to a wedding and then i will be headed back to corpus so i dont know how all this is going to work out lol

and would you be bringing the dogs lol

You're going to run in what? bracket 1, 2, heads up?

and I think I may just have to get over to San Antonio, get the rear end, which I'm pretty sure would fit in the trunk of the stang without the trunk closing and use tie downs or bungy cords to keep the trunk closed, then in houston, get the Uhaul there and get the motor trans and driveshaft. That's what it's looking like right now.. And I need to factor in the cost of gas and road snacks and meals and other stuff, try and see if I can stay with a buddy of mine in Houston, and does anyone know how far away U of Houston is from HRP??

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck with all of this. For what it's worth, I agree that you should rent a big-ass UHaul and put the car in there. Better to have too much than too little.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just get a Uhaul truck for a few days using the local rate, I think as low as 19 a day. Local has unlimited milage. Then drive the truck there, get your parts and drive it back and turn it in. I wouldn't put a trailer on the mustang.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Good luck with all of this. For what it's worth, I agree that you should rent a big-ass UHaul and put the car in there. Better to have too much than too little.

Just get a Uhaul truck for a few days using the local rate, I think as low as 19 a day. Local has unlimited milage. Then drive the truck there, get your parts and drive it back and turn it in. I wouldn't put a trailer on the mustang.

Alright, so I think I can have this all worked out by tomorrow.. I found a place to stay with a buddy of mine in Houston, I'll rent it while I'm in Houston, and pick up the parts and deliver it back the next day (monday). This is all in theory, and should work out well, but I think when I got a phone quote he was high or something. I was told 350 for one day, for the smallest unit, and pay for gas, one way from Houston to Mcallen.. hmmm.. I'm about to do an online quote.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Hidden Hitch at U-haul. About $115 installed. Get a trailer while you are there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back