Twin turbo kit for MAC long tubes?

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
I've been to several websites and obviously i haven't found the right one, my wife want's to go twin turbo on her built motor with Mac long tubes, Is there a twin turbo kit that will work for her or does anybody know where i can purchase a kit for 2006 GT, I don't like the STS kit that fits behind the axle back's b/c I've seen the problems of OIL trying to get back there. Who sales a kit that will work with my long tubes?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find any "kit" that will work with long tubes. The long tubes put the piping too far down to easily make it work. It would have to be something custom and even that I'm sure will be quite difficult and not worth it.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
long tubes dont work that well with turbos and im pretty sure there isnt a kit out there that makes them for long tubes but pretty much every kit is made for your stock manifolds.. your stock manifolds work pretty good from what ive seen

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
do you own an m3? if so, are you sure you want to slap a TT kit on your wifes built motor and only be able to see her taillights from now on?

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
at the point that you ass a turbo. "longtubes" just become wasted money under the hood... there would be no increase in power versus using the stock manifolds.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
we both have several cars , including two trucks and a benz, but before i switched to FORD i used to be all out chevy vette boy, until i seen the way s197 looked like when it came out, I still have a built twin turbo vette that i could use to beat her with as soon as I replace the flywheel, clutch, and rear struts and i forgot i have to replace the water pump, it's kind of been collecting dust since we bought the mustangs. , the 05 mustang's look way better than 01 corvettes

TexStang

Reaction score
There are no real advantages to using long tubes with a turbo setup. From a engineering stand point, a setup up like US-1's with the turbos right off the manifold is about as good as its going to get. This is because there has been little time for the exhaust gas to cool, as well as lose velocity. Basic idea is that hotter gas=better turbo performance. Hotter gas has more internal energy per specific volume

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The reason I have opted not to go with a turbo is, I can't stand the thought of having to pull the headers off, they were a bitchto put on.....lol

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
There are no real advantages to using long tubes with a turbo setup. From a engineering stand point, a setup up like US-1's with the turbos right off the manifold is about as good as its going to get. This is because there has been little time for the exhaust gas to cool, as well as lose velocity. Basic idea is that hotter gas=better turbo performance. Hotter gas has more internal energy per specific volume

Thanks Textstang i understand better now, guess I need to stop paying people to make my car fast and learn how to do some of this stuff myself.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Textstang i understand better now, guess I need to stop paying people to make my car fast and learn how to do some of this stuff myself.
or just do what you did...ask the question first before spending your hard earned money. if you wish to pay someone to do it then thats your choice.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You will have to ditch the L/T's for any TT kit except the STS piece of shit. If you are interested in going used then SD has his twin kit for sale in the classifieds. I would highly recommend the twin kit from Turbohorsepower.com. I have the THP kit and it's a very well engineered kit. I was very happy both the quality of the kit and working with Jim Napier from THP. Jim is a stand up guy and will help you with all your questions, just give him a call.

Earl

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
You will have to ditch the L/T's for any TT kit except the STS piece of shit. If you are interested in going used then SD has his twin kit for sale in the classifieds. I would highly recommend the twin kit from Turbohorsepower.com. I have the THP kit and it's a very well engineered kit. I was very happy both the quality of the kit and working with Jim Napier from THP. Jim is a stand up guy and will help you with all your questions, just give him a call.

Earl

Hey, why is the STS kit a piece of shit?

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is because there has been little time for the exhaust gas to cool, as well as lose velocity. Basic idea is that hotter gas=better turbo performance. Hotter gas has more internal energy per specific volume

Actually, if you could cool the gas rapidly before it hit the turbine wheel, the gas would expand and create more power. The thermodynamic principle you speak of applies to steam turbines and turbo expanders, where they use heated water (steam) to produce energy.
:idea:

1FastS197

Reaction score

Earl

my tuner said the Turbohorsepower kit or the Hellion kit... price wize, i'm goin with the Turbohorsepower... he said they both are good kits...

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
This way works pretty good.

turbosetup4.jpg

turbosetup1.jpg

RicksShelby5.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back