I have found 15" drag rims that fit

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
I would say the 15X10 with 6.5" Backspacing would be the ones eh?? 25mm offset... hmm?? I thought 35mm was the correct offset. It'll be sweet if they fit.

My 15X10 Bogarts have a 7.25 backspacing, and are centered perfectly in the wheel well. So I would think that a 6.5 backspacing would make the tire hit on the outer wheel well. :tdown:

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
Bogarts for the S197 are 9.75" wide for the rears I thought.. Not 10"

I'll be waiting to hear back from GregWeld on when they have a rim pack that is designed for the S197. But the price is looking great compared with the other options and they are street rated

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bogarts for the S197 are 9.75" wide for the rears I thought.. Not 10"

I'll be waiting to hear back from GregWeld on when they have a rim pack that is designed for the S197. But the price is looking great compared with the other options and they are street rated
Looks like the ones on JDM's site are listed that way but mine measure 10 inches....

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How light are the Bogarts compared with the new Weld Design Wheels?

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Aye Carumba! That answers my question as to why Bogarts are so damned expensive.

GI Joe

Reaction score
I think your digital scale needs to be calibrated, or you're running skinnies on the back. :shock: My front Bogarts weigh 4.5 the rears weigh 12.5 !!!
sorry wrong..My front are heavier than the rears... They have that big azz spacer welded on it..

RedFury

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sticking with Billet Specialties.
Can you provide some more details on your wheels? Part numbers? Do they clear the brakes? Did you need to relocate the rear sway bar? Thanks.

I spoke with Greg Weld on the phone too:shock:, and he's going to email me some specifics on his wheels. I'm researching all options...

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
sorry wrong..My front are heavier than the rears... They have that big azz spacer welded on it..

space.jpg
Belushi.gif

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Can you provide some more details on your wheels? Part numbers? Do they clear the brakes? Did you need to relocate the rear sway bar? Thanks.

Here's the link............ http://www.billetspecialties.com/item.asp?cid=16&scid=251&pid=940&rdir=1

I will let you know how they fit once they're here. They're not the absolute lightest around but they are ok on the street. If I decide to drive the car to Sonic or out to HRP then I don't have to change wheels and tires.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
billetspecialties dont fit. We did the measurements and i called Bill at Billetspecialties. They do not fit. Maybe with spacers, but not as is. We would need to shave over half an inch off of our calipers or use some form of spacer. Gregweld wheels apparently do not need the spacer

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what is the word on the original wheels in the post? which ones fit? i have money burning a hole in my pocket and want some wheels

billetspecialties dont fit. We did the measurements and i called Bill at Billetspecialties. They do not fit. Maybe with spacers, but not as is. We would need to shave over half an inch off of our calipers or use some form of spacer. Gregweld wheels apparently do not need the spacer

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would like part numbers as well :) Im like a 3 year old..you have to hold my hand and walk me through this hehe

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WARNING: shameless self promoting plug to follow:

My Welds are still for sale at a reduced price.....as you can see they fit and look pretty spiffy if I do say so myself! LOL

US-1

Banned
Reaction score

I don't mind the spacer on the front. I love the way the wheels look. They are different and very striking.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back