Bad Sellers

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I'll be a little bit racist and say that your name, Wes Bruner, doesn't sound black to me. And you're pretty feisty for a 50 year old. It must be that Napolean syndrome that you suffer from :)

Watch out! Why cant 50 year olds be feisty. That's the new 40! Lol!

Sent from iPhone

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
UPDATE ON ROLL CAGE FOR blackmustang12

I just got off the phone with RPM and have made all the necessary arrangements to have the cage sent back to them so it could be upgraded to what Oren needs for this application.

We've been in business quite a long time and have no interest in screwing customers over. Unfortunately, the parts from the car we are parting out is NOT owned by us (TPS) but they are owned by a customer who wrecked his car and we were only doing it to help him re-coupe some of his costs. Unfortunately, it has turned into WAY more hassle than it is worth. We're not in the business of parting cars out or a junk yard... we have a normal shop with 4 lifts, 4 mechanics, and a Dyno which we do inhouse tuning fgor Ford, Nissan, and GM. Take a look at our gallery on our website OR go to youtube.com and check out at the cars we've built over the years... Just search TPS Motorsports in Youtube.com and you can check out the various builds we've had over the years including finishing up a 656RWHP C6 Z06 last week.

Snowboarder7710

Reaction score
I responded to a classifieds ad from 08 Vapor. He was selling factory shocks, struts and springs. I paypaled him the money for everything that night. A couple days later, my mustang was hit and totaled, I PMed him and asked him if he was willing to send me back my money minus 50 bucks for cancelling the transaction. This was back in October. Apparently he immediately spent the money and couldnt pay me back right away until he got paid...well months go by and he keeps avoiding paying me back. He has stopped responding to my messages, but still logging onto the site as of a couple days ago.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM!!! HE WILL JUST TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I responded to a classifieds ad from 08 Vapor. He was selling factory shocks, struts and springs. I paypaled him the money for everything that night. A couple days later, my mustang was hit and totaled, I PMed him and asked him if he was willing to send me back my money minus 50 bucks for cancelling the transaction. This was back in October. Apparently he immediately spent the money and couldnt pay me back right away until he got paid...well months go by and he keeps avoiding paying me back. He has stopped responding to my messages, but still logging onto the site as of a couple days ago.

So you didn't get your parts or your money? When was the last time you heard back from him?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I thought the purpose of paypal was to avoid this kind of crap?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I thought the purpose of paypal was to avoid this kind of crap?

Once you pass 30 days or something like that, or gift it, there's nothing Paypal can do. In hind sight, surely something should have been done within that time period, but if the buyer was being made promises by the seller, perhaps he felt he didn't need to file a claim until it was too late.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
:popcorneat:

So just so I have it straight - Did you get any of the items, or did you want to cancel the transaction and he agreed and didn't give anything back?

Snowboarder7710

Reaction score
i had to cancel the transaction b/c the car was wrecked....it was only 2 days after i sent him the money. i told him to keep 50 bucks, since i had to cancel and that i was really sorry. we agreed on 100 for the parts and 65 for the shipping. nothing was ever sent, so shipping wasnt paid for. i did not receive anything so far. he just sent me a really pissed off PM saying he will send me the money in a few days. so for now its pending and if he comes through, ill edit the post.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
You are too nice Clint. You contacted the seller, didn't receive what you paid for and since he didn't even ship it yet I think it's fair to say you should get all of your money back!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
i had to cancel the transaction b/c the car was wrecked....it was only 2 days after i sent him the money. i told him to keep 50 bucks, since i had to cancel and that i was really sorry. we agreed on 100 for the parts and 65 for the shipping. nothing was ever sent, so shipping wasnt paid for. i did not receive anything so far. he just sent me a really pissed off PM saying he will send me the money in a few days. so for now its pending and if he comes through, ill edit the post.

why edit.....leave it up......let others know how he operates.....so someone in the future dosnt have a issue with him.

riceeater33

forum member
Reaction score
yea, I mean its understandable that accidents happen. It was nice of you to offer the $50 but it wasn't like he was out anything since nothing was shipped. He didn't go out of his way for you or anything to deserve the $50 in the first place. Yes it's an inconvenience but shit happens.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea, I mean its understandable that accidents happen. It was nice of you to offer the $50 but it wasn't like he was out anything since nothing was shipped. He didn't go out of his way for you or anything to deserve the $50 in the first place. Yes it's an inconvenience but shit happens.

With the wait time, should be a full refund.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score

So, he kept your money AND the parts that you purchased?

That guy needs to get the shit kicked out of him.

Sorry for your loss of both your money, parts, but most importantly, your car man.

Good luck with everything bro!

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score

Whats paypal say you have 45 days to dispute

08 Vapor

forum member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys take the time to read my iTrader to see how my other dealings have gone on here? My reputation is spotless. I also send out free parts now and then. Cam, do you remember the shifter you got for the price of shipping earlier this month?

This guy, snowboarderwhateverthefuck, with ONE post, no sig, no avatar, and no iTrader rating, PMed me lowballing me about the stock shocks and struts I had for sale. They were listed for $200 and he offered me $100. I had them tentatively sold on a local forum and a few other members were interested, but his sob story about returning his car to stock worked on me I guess. I agreed to a price of $100 plus estimated shipping of $65 from NY to Cali. After I went to the UPS store and had them boxed for shipping from NY to CALIFORNIA, I told him a price of $165 would indeed cover shipping and the cost of the parts. He agreed and paid. A few days later he PMs me and tells me a bullshit story about how his girlfriend wrecked his car and he doesn't know if it's totaled. Fortunately, I hadn't dropped them back off at the UPS store yet. He asks for a refund, which I had no problem doing, but this was the 3rd time this happened to me on this forum by members with no iTrader rating, so I guess my ass was a little chapped about it. By now, all of the other interested parties found other parts and no longer wanted mine. I bend over backwards to give people great prices, sometimes even free, and I get burned more often than I'd like by unappreciative assholes. After this, I'm done selling on forums. He'll get his refund, but he'll get it on my terms and be as inconvenienced as he made me. I PMed him and told him he'll get his money this Thursday. He went ahead and filed a Paypal claim this morning, but it's after the 30 day period, so there isn't much that can be done on paypal's end. Like I said, he'll get his money, but he'll wait until this Thursday. He's more than welcome to fuck off until then.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, you never refunded or sent his parts....looks like nothing is wrong with the newbs story.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
snowboarder isn't a newb, i sold him parts literally about 3 years ago met him in person and know he is a good guy. he doesn't post but he sure is shit aint new to here.

don't believe me look at his post history. and you'll see he posted in one of myfor sale threads from years ago. sold him my pypes mid muffler kit.

08 Vapor

forum member
Reaction score
So, you never refunded or sent his parts....looks like nothing is wrong with the newbs story.

Do you think UPS boxes and packages parts for free? Do you think my time is free? How about the loss of a sale, is that worth anything? Like I said, my ass was chapped and I'm a little jaded after being burned, by guys on this forum especially. He will get his money, but he'll get it on Thursday.

Back