Coyote Powered Ford Ranger Project

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Some people just enjoy the crazy builds, once its done they get bored and move on to next project

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
+1 on the exhaust needing some rework!

And why would they use that base model with rubber floors and vinyl seats to do such a big project with?

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
It probably didn't work out that well since the owner only put 900 miles on it before trading it in.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
+1 on the exhaust needing some rework!

And why would they use that base model with rubber floors and vinyl seats to do such a big project with?

That's not a base model. It's a Sport with pw/pl tilt cruise etc. seats are cloth with seat covers.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Base, sport, whatever it's called..it's got a rubber floor! Nothing that costs $27,000 should have a rubber floor, I don't care if it's got a Ferrari engine in it!

garner

forum member
Reaction score
Base, sport, whatever it's called..it's got a rubber floor! Nothing that costs $27,000 should have a rubber floor, I don't care if it's got a Ferrari engine in it!

Which is the main reason those small trucks from the big 3 got discontinued. The price to option level wasn't there. I believe the sport trac also only came with vinyl floors

So is it a 4x2 or 4x4?

Thanks.

from factory, 4x4. Current state, no clue

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score

You should go into light truck manufacturing.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Nah man, my family has been in the car business all my life. I do not want any part of it! LOL

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
It was a factory 4WD, but I believe they yanked it out for the engine to clear and it would have been way to complicated to build it back to being 4WD.

I thought this build was cool, but in the end, meh

lito

forum member
Reaction score
That cluster and A/C controller show a very poor understanding of the wiring and how the car systems work.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score

If actually going to be used as a truck, rubber floor is convenient. My Ranger's were carpet but I always had large rubber liners in it basically covering all the carpet

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back