Coyote Powered Ford Ranger Project

thedubsack85

Reaction score
^ Excellent point!

Or even consider using parts from the MazdaSpeed3 turbo 2.3 4cyl. It is basically the same motor and I imagine things like the exhaust manifold will bolt up. I would love to see that.

Not the same 2.3l motor the MRZ in the mazdaspeed is completely different than the 2.3 N/A in a ranger that's a duratec, But that little 2.3 can be modded with cam's/head work to make it peppy! I cant wait to see finished images!

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Subscribed. I'd like to do this with my '99 Ranger. After 225k, the 2.5 is a little soft. :naughty1:

Ranger1.jpg

slicksilver

forum member
Reaction score
46TBird, that is one sick looking Ranger...and I have never said that in my life.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. We rang into a few snags and then the customer was uncertain if he wanted to go with the blower. So until he could decide what he wanted to do, we held off on the build, so we wouldn't be doing work 2-3 times over. But now he's set and we're back on the truck.

here is the latest picture of the progress. Wiring is about 80% done and we just need to fab up some custom exhaust to fit. Then the truck goes on the dyno for tuning.

The truck will stay N/A for about a year and then the customer will be back to get some form of forced induction. He was still up in the air about which kit, but knew he wanted to drive around in this conversion.

381264_261294427260384_137450922978069_700285_2079066819_n.jpg

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
We're are going to try and make the exhaust as tame as possible too. Don't want it to be too loud...but also don't want it to be restrictive.

willied

Reaction score
Nice work, guys. Looks like that engine belongs in there. My Explorer wants one for Christmas, but I had to tell him Santa is not real. :roflmao:

Last edited:

mkbullitt

Reaction score
What will you be doing about the HVAC box? When Ford built their concept Lightning Bolt Ranger in '02, they used a smaller one from an Econoline van. Just an idea if you haven't resolved that issue yet.

lightningbolt4.JPG

thedubsack85

Reaction score
Cant wait to see pic's and vids of this thing N/A! I bet it would be pretty fun to drive!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back