Not open for further replies.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, listen up. I am going to try to be nice about this (or at least as nice as an asshole like me can be).

We have a problem that is starting to get really out of hand. Crap posts that are completely trashing people's threads. Yea, we are pretty relaxed here. And yes, everyone does it, myself included. The occasional remark or whatever is fine. Not trying to be nazis (even though someone went out of their way to refer to us as that recently), not trying to make it not fun to be here. For the most part we all know each other and we all joke around and give each other crap. But we need to try to keep posts on track. When the board was young and we had a couple of hundred people, it wasn't too bad when we "strayed" off subject. But now that the board has a couple of thousand people doing it, it is reached the point of needing something done.

If someone has a tech thread going, lets try to keep it somewhat on topic. If someone has a for sale thread and you don't think the part (or parts, or car, or whatever) is worth it, don't trash the person's thread up so bad that someone new can't even tell what is going on anymore. Start a new thread in the appropriate area voicing your opinion. Give people a break in their threads. Let the thread be for what it supposed to be for.

We just reciently created a "Mustang Chit Chat" area. Start a new thread there about how you think user "X" might be wanting too much for the muffler bearing he is selling. Or how you think there is no way that guy ran what he says he ran with the mods he has. If you really want to call someone out, then go to the IFC (that is the "Internet Fighting Championship" forum for those of you who do not know) and call them out there. That is what it is for.

I have been a part of this board from day one. Actually, I am pretty sure I was the second member to join behind Kimmer (other than maybe a test user or two). I, along with the other Admins and Mods have put a ton of work in to getting this board to where it is today in a very short time and am damn proud of our success. I am also damn proud of each and every one of our members for helping us get to where we are. There is a ton of knowledge here not only for S197s, but for the hobby in general. I want to keep the forum fun, and I want to keep it an enjoyable place to hang out. But we can't keep going the way we have been. People are to the point that they don't want to post because they may get 50 replies and only one be revelant to the original topic.

Ok, I am off my soap box now. I appologize for even bringing this up. But we need to get back on track. Lets keep the tech section as a tech section. Lets keep the for sale section a for sale section. Lets keep the track section a track section. I'm not saying lets quit being ourselves. Hell, that is one of the things that makes this board great. I am just saying lets try to use the other forums for the BS, antagonizing, fighting, etc. and try to keep peoples threads on track. And give us Admins and Mods a break, would ya?:thumb: We put a lot of hours in to this place. You are going to notice that we are probably going to be moving quite a few posts out of threads and starting new threads in other areas in an effort to try to tidy the place up a bit. But we would like to have a little time to enjoy the forum ourselves as well. So help us out a little, ok?

Doc

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Locking this and moving all post to the Pitstop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back