PI Multi-disk torque Converters 883.00!

Forward Performance

Reaction score
Christmas Special!

PI Multi-Disk Torque Converters for the 5r55s on sale.
converter.jpg

883.00 + shipping

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry man. I mean no disrespect. And I know you guys do everything you can for people. But $16 off of a (basically) $900 part kinda makes me snicker.

FWIW if that is the triple disc "Stallion", I have the same converter. They are bad ass.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For anyone looking at a converter---this is an expensive piece---but I can tell you first hand it is worth it--ESPECIALLY if your FI or turbo. If you want to do it right the first time, this is it.

1.412 60' time on DR's. yeah it works.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats not good for someone N/A with just bolt-ons.

I would still get it if you were going to make the leap to FI or turbo any time soon. Its also required in my opinion with spray. I had spray a couple years ago and the stock converter would keep unlocking on the big end.

03Glock

EX New Edge
Reaction score
I would still get it if you were going to make the leap to FI or turbo any time soon. Its also required in my opinion with spray. I had spray a couple years ago and the stock converter would keep unlocking on the big end.
I plan on staying N/A. Unless a huge chunk of money falls into my lap.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
for NA aplications is still one of the best mods you can do to the car.

sevenleaf

forum member
Reaction score
FYI,
I'll double check with PI in the morning, but I'm pretty sure they told me that you get two free upgrades if you want to change the stall speed.

It's only one per lifetime. The converters have a serial number engraved in them so they keep track of the converter that way. I didn't need paperwork or nothing to ship it to them.

I used mine up when I snapped the input shaft and had a piece stuck in the torque converter. They pulled the piece of input shaft out and cleaned the converter up and re-tightened it. Didn't cost me anything but I used up my one time cleaning/stall change.

There wasn't anything wrong with my converter so you know they hold up really well!

Last edited:
Back