06 GT build thread , Saleen , Coyote

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
where did you get the coyote from? Donor car or ford racing?

I bought a core motor from my local ford dealer with 3000 miles on it , it had a rattle on number 7 rod bearing at 3000 rpm so the put a new one in under warranty , the parts guy was kind enough to call me on this one!. I paid the $1000 core charge for it. I bought a new Boss 302 forged crank and Boss 302 forged piston/rod/ring kit and built the motor so its all forged internals now. Runs awesome!

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have a paint booth at your house?

Yeah , I built a shop behind the house , the bay on the end I use as a make shift paint booth / work area. It works really well. I own a franchise for Colors on Parade , a mobile touch up /paint repair service we go to dealers and repair minor paintwork. I do a lot of work from home. I came up with a cool idea for my business and made Paint Patrol , I turned my 06 F150 into a Raptor Clone cop car and made my trailer match.

1275389_10152272801143289_1507944747_o.jpg

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Well... shit.

Awesome build documentation. Definitely going to keep an eye on this thread from now on.

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
What did the coyote swap require? Was is a direct drop in? Any removal of dash and such? I see you can get the wiring harness online for around $1500.

Looks right in home in there

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
What did the coyote swap require? Was is a direct drop in? Any removal of dash and such? I see you can get the wiring harness online for around $1500.

Looks right in home in there

The swap is really not that hard , if you've pulled a motor before and done some misc wiring it may actually be easy....

No dash pulling. Most of your current stuff , if you have a 05-09 gt will work. If you wire in the 2 CAN wires + and - from the FRPP PCM into your cars body harness then all the gauges will work , no dash removal. The oil pressure wire is on the C110 connector that you have to swap from the cars old c110 to the FRPP pcm connector and then the Oil Pressure guage works. I changed out the fuel pump for a GT500 one and used the existing fuel lines , just got the connectors and AN line to hook it up under the hood. the motor drops right in on the existing mounts , the tr3650 in the car bolts right up.

I used a clutch kit with flywheel from an 03-04 8 bolt modular flywheel setup , it bolts right to the coyote and has the right spline for the 3650 works like a champ. Im using the Flaming river manual rack so PS isn't a problem.

The heater fittings clip right on to the body fittings , Im using the coyote AC compressor but Ill have to get 2 fittings fabbed up because the lines have different ends on the 05-09s. Radiator hoses go right to your existing radiator , cooland bottle works perfect , FRPP aircleaner assembly sits where it should. It is an awesome swap.

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone is contemplating this swap Id be glad to walk you through , don't let naysayers say its hard , its not. With coyotes getting cheaper this is going to become a popular change out , especially in the 05-09s since it looks right at home under our hoods. If FRPP wanted to they could make a 5.0 plug and play harness for our cars and sell the crap out of them , mark my words someone is going to make one. The only thing that doesn't work is TCS it doesn't speak coyote. THe back up lights have to be wired on a separate relay because they don't speak coyote either.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back