Can you reverse mount the stock intake?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried it? Will it fit in?

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
No, just spend the money for a sheetmetal intake if you want to do what I think you do.

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
as for the question. u probably dont need to get the a full intake manifold to achive this. if u custom made some cmdp, so that the intake fits backwards. it may do the trick. as long as all the ports are flush with the cmdp and the head intake ports. i dont see why not :)

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NICE!!

DAMN GREAT IDEA!!

Im sure it can be fabbed.... save $ on CAI crap and a good Aluminum cowl hood... little extension here and there....keep MAF cool...

I may poke around with this one...

Dammit, the price of intakes just went up 25% in ebay! LOL!

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i know, and caps mean screming, not yellin. its just that i use caps at work all the time because the software we use doesnt take lower caps. :)

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
i know, and caps mean screming, not yellin. its just that i use caps at work all the time because the software we use doesnt take lower caps. :)

:popcorneat:didn't seem to have trouble with the shift key in your other posts. :-D

Last edited:

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
try typing 1000 orders a day in a computer, read s197forum, and watch ebay. at the same time while ur boss is right in front, wondering how the F, u switch windows so fast he can even tell what im doing. :)

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
as for the question. u probably dont need to get the a full intake manifold to achive this. if u custom made some cmdp, so that the intake fits backwards. it may do the trick. as long as all the ports are flush with the cmdp and the head intake ports. i dont see why not :)

You are correct - it fit great. Just need to fab some cmdp's for it...:idea:

You have to remove the heater core and cut a hole - but you have to cut the hole anyway to run an a/w set-up so it's no biggie. I am tinkering with some interesting shit right now.

View attachment 5978

Last edited:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whats tolerance w/ firewall?

Turbo piping run through firewall to intake:idea: ....NICE! Huge I/C for passenger seat, or turbo itself... upside down exhaust and twins??

:popcorneat:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back