What factory wheels clears brembo brakes

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Am starting to look at pricing to have a 2nd of set of wheels and tires for the winter. As I have summer only tires right now on the brembo brake package.

Am looking at new takeoff.com and wondering does the normal 2013 5 spoke wheel 18 inch clear them or even the 2015 V6 mustang 18s clear the brembos. Only thing I hate about brembo brakes is trying to figure out what clears them and not, a little confused.

Thanks!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Am starting to look at pricing to have a 2nd of set of wheels and tires for the winter. As I have summer only tires right now on the brembo brake package.

Am looking at new takeoff.com and wondering does the normal 2013 5 spoke wheel 18 inch clear them or even the 2015 V6 mustang 18s clear the brembos. Only thing I hate about brembo brakes is trying to figure out what clears them and not, a little confused.

Thanks!

You could phone ur local ford dealer service dept and ask em.

mitch

HPDE Instructor
Reaction score
You can get a set of the Brembo package wheels dirt cheap these days!
Guys are struggling to get even $350 for a clean set,

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
The Brembo wheels, and anything that fit a GT500

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
You could phone ur local ford dealer service dept and ask em.

Thanks, I may need to, guess they should know. Some dealerships aren't very helpful unfortunately.

You can get a set of the Brembo package wheels dirt cheap these days!
Guys are struggling to get even $350 for a clean set,

Am keeping that as an option, was thinking if I got 18s I can get a tire with more sidewall to help with cold traction.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
The only factory 18" that clear Brembos without a spacer are the early GT-500 wheels, and at 9.5" width, not so great for winter tire installation. You're better off to look for some low cost aftermarket painted alloy wheels in 18x8 or 18x8.5", places like Discount Tire and Tire Rack have many options for that. Then you can go to a 235/50R18 for winter boots.

cheers
Ed

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
The only factory 18" that clear Brembos without a spacer are the early GT-500 wheels, and at 9.5" width, not so great for winter tire installation. You're better off to look for some low cost aftermarket painted alloy wheels in 18x8 or 18x8.5", places like Discount Tire and Tire Rack have many options for that. Then you can go to a 235/50R18 for winter boots.

cheers
Ed

Thank you! That's what I was curious about, wasn't sure if the 5 spoke would fit. That's the exact winter size I want, 235/50 18s. So aftermarket wheels it is

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back