Sct X3 won't flash

Mzachary06

Reaction score
I have a 2005 mustang GT and I brought a used sct X3 and it says it's unmarried but it keep saying it can't write the Ecu when I try to program my car anybody ever had this problem before?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You need a tune written specifically for your ECU. They all have different code numbers and if the code number of the tune doesn't match the code number of your ECU then it won't work.

In other words, buying a used SCT means you have a vessel to deliver a custom tune to your ECU. It does not include the custom tune. You still need to buy that.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
^^^Yep^^^

Original purchaser normally gets free tunes for life (of their ownership). Second-hand ownership = you'll have to pay for tunes.

46addict

Reaction score
^^^Yep^^^

Original purchaser normally gets free tunes for life (of their ownership). Second-hand ownership = you'll have to pay for tunes.

Depends on where the tune & tuner came from. Not all tuners offer free tunes for life even if the device is new.

As for the original question, you should be able to load a "strategy tune" (canned tune from SCT) but once a device is unmarried, any custom tunes that were saved are not accessible.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back