Anyone heard of hptuners??

blacknlte

Reaction score
Yea but they final got into the Fords. From what i read you have almost complete control of the cars PCM

jerrytubbs1

forum member
Reaction score
I actually sell the pro and standard.
The couple guys that bought them said they love them,but it is a little to much for me.
I guess if I actually started doing it,it may be worth it but I have to much going on now.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guy I used to work with that had a Camaro used to talk about them a lot. Don't know if he ever got one though.

Too much control could be a bad thing IMO.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought the SCT Pro tuner package for my car, and you have access to every parameter in the PCM. The problem is, there are nine BAZILLION parameters. A lot of them come with no explanation of what's normal or what they even do. Unless you know someone that will take the time to explain what everything does and what effects the changes will have, walk away!!! A mistake in this arena will probably be way more expensive than a real tune.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought the SCT Pro tuner package for my car, and you have access to every parameter in the PCM. The problem is, there are nine BAZILLION parameters. A lot of them come with no explanation of what's normal or what they even do. Unless you know someone that will take the time to explain what everything does and what effects the changes will have, walk away!!! A mistake in this arena will probably be way more expensive than a real tune.

Don't they make you take a 'test' of sorts before they sell you that? I thought I heard that somewhere.

blacknlte

Reaction score

Figured that out after reading some of the stuff and i was WTF!! LOL

ROUSH1711

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

The Pro tuner package is a god send lol
Alittle intimidating at first,thats for sure.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My tuner tunes with HP tuners. I have been with HP for a while now. Ever since the new build. He got me to a 10.15 at 134mph. Car runs like a champ, I had really bald DRs on the back with really bad wheel hop, I mean really bad when I went the 10.15. Im suprised my rear didnt grenade on that pass. With a good set of DRs I would of been in the 9s. But back to the topic, HP is a great tool, but the down fall is that you need the package on your comp to load between a street tune and a race tune. No hand held device, or adding more timing. Luckily my tuner lives 15mins away. I can have him add timing anytime I want. Just as long as I have the right fuel in there.

Last edited:

mustangjonGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I use HP Tuners on my 08 GT. I tune it myself. Ive also tune a couple of other mustangs and F150s with it too. HP Tuners only supports these Fords currently; 05+Mustangs GT's and 04+F150s V8s

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
We use HP Tuners a lot. Good software. Only downfall is that you have to have credits unlocked to tune with. They are not the cheapest thing in the world

blacknlte

Reaction score
We use HP Tuners a lot. Good software. Only downfall is that you have to have credits unlocked to tune with. They are not the cheapest thing in the world

Nice!!! Cause im sure the car will be heading that way when i get it built! :beerchug2:

mustangjonGT

forum member
Reaction score
For each Ford Vehicle supported it requires 2 credits to tune it. Each credit cost 49.99. So $99.98 per vehicle.

matt texass

Reaction score
Great software in the GM market but no clue about it in the Ford market.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back