Feeler: Rare Weds Sport TC-005 18x9 wheels, only 18 lbs!

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I'm thinking about stepping up to some 18x10's and I'm just seeing what interest there would be in these. They're 18x9, +39mm offset and fit pretty much perfectly. If you can find a lighter wheel that doesn't look ridiculous on our cars, by all means tell me; at ~18# there's not much that can touch 'em in that department. Plenty of clearance for big brakes, I was running them with a GT500 setup.

They are used wheels and aren't perfectly mint but are in extremely good shape. The center caps are in good shape except the retaining tabs are breaking off..I epoxied a nut on the back side and conjured up a plastic retainer but it doesn't clear in the front (DOH!!). You can get new ones but they'll run you about $40 each so if it's a big deal to you, I'm sure you could figure something out (center caps = not rocket science). They looked fine to me without the caps in front so I didn't bother but I'm not a show guy either.

SOLD...

P4210330.jpg

P4210331.jpg

Last edited:

06roush

forum member
Reaction score
pm'd as soon as i get outta class... god ive been lookin for these for soo long..

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
replied, looks like I'll take them. how do you want to do this?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Just curious what wheels you going with now?

I'm looking at CCW's (downside being they're not quite as light but probably/hopefully stronger) or maybe something a little more light-n-ricey like Volks..I've considered getting these widened an inch but since they can only add to the inside of the rim that would leave me with a ~51mm offset, which I'm not sure would clear..

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I've looked into many jdm wheels and most don't look right haha

Coming from the import scene Im all about getting some baller wheels but I have yet to find some that I'm in love with, other than super expensive BBS or the likes

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Yeah most do look funky..I was so disappointed when they stopped making these! I was in my final year of school when they last offered them; if I had the money I would have bought them just to look at until I had something to put them on, lol. However I'm not sure if the 10" wheels would have cleared big brakes since they were dished a bit, so maybe it wouldn't have worked out anyway. The CCW C10 looks pretty similar; but on the other hand it would suck to spend $3000+ on wheels that looked comparable and weighed more..

photo_main.jpg

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I don't understand why ccws are so expensive but not even light

I'm sure (hope?) they're considerably stronger. I'll admit I really cringe when I hit bigger bumps with these; there's not a lot to them so I'm glad I've got some sidewall. Fiske's are not much lighter (if at all) and they're even more expensive, I think over $4000/set and I'd get to pay tax since they're here in Washington..

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Really? I always thought fiskes were lighter, I was looking into the roush rr03 trackpak wheels but I heard they're around 26-28lbs... Which for being 450 per and forged you would expect lighter

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Really? I always thought fiskes were lighter, I was looking into the roush rr03 trackpak wheels but I heard they're around 26-28lbs... Which for being 450 per and forged you would expect lighter

From what I've read, if Fiske's are lighter than CCW's it's not by a lot, maybe a pound or two (not enough to justify a 25% price hike; plus I'm not too crazy about their styles). I do really like the Roush wheels but at that price and weight..no thanks!

Kaldar142

Reaction score
i may just get the roush wheels, i think they look awesome on redfire (my color), and theyre not TOO heavy for an 18x10, although i'm not sure yet... most wheels that are lightweight look dumb on mustangs :(

ROUSH1711

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i may just get the roush wheels, i think they look awesome on redfire (my color), and theyre not TOO heavy for an 18x10, although i'm not sure yet... most wheels that are lightweight look dumb on mustangs :(

hmm..I have my Roush wheels I wont be needing.
Sad thing is,they have like new 315's pilot sports
on the rear,and run flat pilot sport 275's up front.
They are sexy wheels IMO.And alittle too heavy
for 1320' action. I gotta think about this one...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back