Little side project i started today

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's coming out too bad I only have about 30 minutes work total into this , and it's only on the first coat of bondo . I know the hole is goofy looking but it's more of a function over appearance mod and that hole matches the opening in the underhood bracing . Now it may not do shit performance wise but it didn't cost me a cent , ron hooked me up with a old headlight and i had the fiberglass/bondo laying around in the shed left over from old sub box projects . I figured wth I have a shitload of time to kill out here at work and if it works kool kool if not oh well it was fun tinkering with fiberglass again .

I know that this will not force much air into it but with the intake being just behind the headlight if any makes it's way in it's a victory in my book as iat's are the main killer down here . It still needs a few more coats of bondo and a good hand sanding to get it smoothed out really nice but i don't think I will go for car show smooth just yet , we shall test it THEN if it works i will put some good ole elbow grease into perfecting it .

Well what do you fellas think ?

30813abb.jpg

0849909e.jpg

06f656fe.jpg

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That could definitely turn out interesting!

matt texass

Reaction score
To bad my intake sits on my headers at the back of the engine bay.........

Look's awesome man.

dougie b

Reaction score
looks cool man, wish i had the workspace and extra parts to do something like that, let us know how it looks when its done!

if i were you i would try to clean it up as much as possible and make it a little more aesthetically pleasing....that way in case it has NO performance difference you can always sell it for big bucks on mustangforums.com hahahaha

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice Beau!!! Now, dimple it like a golfball so you get the high speed air effect over the dimples. Also, hit up the Zone or Oreilly and get some of that cheap intake building shit to route the air into an air box around the filter.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if i were you i would try to clean it up as much as possible and make it a little more aesthetically pleasing....that way in case it has NO performance difference you can always sell it for big bucks on mustangforums.com hahahaha

bwahahahaha rep coming that's just funny right ther' I don't care who you are ........

Well I added the second coat of bondo about a hour ago so it should be ready to sand in a few minutes . I't was so fuckin hot here in houston yesterday the bondo was halfway dried by the time i finished mixing it lol . I think this coat should have it pretty smooth and i will spray a light overspray on it to show yall how it really looks .

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice Beau!!! Now, dimple it like a golfball so you get the high speed air effect over the dimples. Also, hit up the Zone or Oreilly and get some of that cheap intake building shit to route the air into an air box around the filter.

See that's the thing though my intake is literally right behind where this hole is .....like right behind it , now i think i will try to make a airbox for it also to see if I can't keep a little more heat out also .

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
interesting idea - looking forward to the end product

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's a good idea, just not very simple to change out.

When you have removed the front bumper as often as i have it doesn't take long . :thud:

In all honesty this project was something I came up with for a friends car , and his will never see street duty anyway so no changing would happen . But being he won't be running for a while I have to try it out because it will bug the shit outta me till I do lol .

This may get tested next weekend , still have to double check on my ride home lol , but I still need to have the car get a once over by my shop so I plan on leaving it there a few days anyway . If this does work i have another idea I came up with today that would truly kick ass but it's top secret lmao . I passed 1 more coat of bondo on it today but i think this will be the best i will get it with this $5 wal-mart bondo . I passed a coat of regular ole black paint on it a few minutes ago . I will let it dry tonight then hit it in the morn with another light sand then slap a final coat on it .

In all honesty it doesn't look that bad but nowhere near auto body finish between the cheap bondo and the finest sandpaper available being 80 grit lol .

And thanks brian that's a kick ass idea for the shiel i would have never thought of flashing .:hi:

Last edited:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well fellas here is a few more teaser shots . This is how the final look will be , but I will take it down one more time to see if i can't get it a little better . I doubt it because I only have 80 grit paper out here and paint you have to put on with a brush ......

Now also keep in mind the front leading edge will be covered by the bumper cover , that's why it still looks pretty rough it will not be seen anyway ......

470df9b9.jpg

b875b120.jpg

5a7df24d.jpg

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
That pretty nice. I had the idea to remove my headlight tomorrow when i hit the track even before seeing this thread. I use to always in my 95 and 99, and it def helped.

I noticed u said something about removing the front bumper, is it really involved to remove the headlight from these cars?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ypu need to remove the front bumper, yes. no way around it

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
wow... ill hold off on that tomorrow then... what a horrible design. nothing like the 99 to 04. 2 clips and your out

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back