WARNING: Steeda CMCV delete plugs!!

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
For guys with the newer intake manifold, Steeda makes a plug kit that will delete the butterflies. If you just follow the instructions you will have an air leak. The end plugs that are placed on the back side where the linkage enters the manifold will have an air leak if you don't block it off with a plug, I will be tapping out the hole and installing an allen set screw with some sealant where the original seal for the shaft is.

The other issue is, the instructions don't make it very clear that the flange for the end plugs needs to be placed toward the back, or the plug can fall right out and enter the cylinder, not good..

Last edited:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
For guys with the newer intake manifold, Steeda makes a plug kit that will delete the butterflies. If you just follow the instructions you will have an air leak. The end plugs that are placed on the back side where the linkage enters the manifold will have an air leak if you don't block it off with a plug, I will be tapping out the hole and installing an allen set screw with some sealant where the original seal for shaft is.

The other issue is the instructions don't make it very clear that the flange for the end plugs needs to be placed toward the back, or the plug can fall right out and enter the cylinder, not good..

New manifold, you mean the FRPP one? or the 09 and up one? I see the leak and also see that 4 budweisers have helped a good man find this process!

The bolded part.. that's not very good either.. :idea:

Edit: do you have a link to the steeda part?

Last edited:

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Correct!! damn kid, you know you're shit!! :beer:

Thanks man, this is stuff I've known for several months now. I swear I've told at least 10 people about the 09+ cars having built in charge motion plates LOL.

I might as well report this problem on the other mustang forum I go on(moddedmustangs.com).

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Thanks man, this is stuff I've known for several months now. I swear I've told at least 10 people about the 09+ cars having built in charge motion plates LOL.

I might as well report this problem on the other mustang forum I go on(moddedmustangs.com).

I wouldn't waste my time.. personally.. lol.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much are these cmcv delete plugs for the 09+, because i know u can find the old style intake and deletes used for pretty cheap, might be a little easier, not sure just an idea.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
How much are these cmcv delete plugs for the 09+, because i know u can find the old style intake and deletes used for pretty cheap, might be a little easier, not sure just an idea.

The plugs are 60 bucks, I posted the link above, but I'll repost it:

http://www.steeda.com/products/charge-motion-delete-plugs-mustang.php

You're better off just getting a old style intake with deletes.

yeah, I have an account there too, but never have found anything interesting enough to post or read. other than SDs ridiculing of some idiot. lol.

/hijack

It's pretty fun over there for me, you just have to find your place, especially if you're a 14 year old with no drivers license/car.

The 2005+ section is pretty bad at getting off topic(usually 1-2 pages of good info and the rest is BS), but the mods finally got up everyone's a** about it, so hopefully things will get better.

Anyway, Rench I appreciate that you informed us about this problem, I can't believe Steeda didn't notice that.

Last edited:

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
no thats southtxfbodies..... i like all sites n never discriminate on or the other.... all have their cons and pros....

why the hell did they change the manifold anyway??

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score

This is what I was going to do.. go with delete plates and an 08 intake.
But since the FRPP intake might only be a few months off, I can wait
or just go f/i

Konablue10Gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I found this out the hard way while at a race this weekend. I was in a pinch so I pulled the intake and Ultra black RTV'd the end plugs.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any updates on these plugs, has steeda revised their design so there are no air leaks?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where does one get the directions for these? I searched and searched and all I found were venors selling the parts but no how to/directions.....

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
This is what I was going to do.. go with delete plates and an 08 intake.
But since the FRPP intake might only be a few months off, I can wait
or just go f/i

I'm in the same situation: 08 intake and delete plates or wait for the FRPP intake. I'm leaning toward the new FRPP intake manifold in 2010.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want an frpp as well, but i heard the release got delayed again. From jan to jun.

07 Boss

Reaction score
It's pretty fun over there for me, you just have to find your place, especially if you're a 14 year old with no drivers license/car.

Is that you Mustangfan?

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back