Wire Loom

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Well as some of you guys know I'm working shows most weekends these days, so I haven't had a lot of time to play lately. I took a comp day today to work on a little project I picked up supplies for at last weekends show. Let me start by saying I HATE plastic wire loom, I think it's the cheapest looking thing made. I just rolled the car over to 20k and the plastic was changing colors, I'm guessing from the heat, and a lot of the electrical tape was peeling up. I met a really nice couple that owns a company named Kwik-wire and they hooked me up with some loom to try out. I think it's a really nice subtle difference, I still have a lot of tweaking to do to have it just right, but I only came up a few ft short on my guesstimation of sizes so I'm pretty pleased! With a few breaks it took me around 5 hours, I unclipped every connector and took all of the old tape off, replacing it with new before covering them again. I'm not really happy with the left side, I haven't decided how I'm going to make it look less cluttered just yet!

When I finish pulling everything out, I'll take every piece (I'm saving it) and compile a list of lengths and sizes for everyone to help take the guess work out of it :beerchug2:

Sorry for the book, here's some pictures. More to come later in the week when I finish another project and clean the car up!

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I'm going to disconnect that line going to the fuse box from the battery and re-route it so you can't see it, that will make a big difference I think. And organize the COP wires like I did on the other side. If you do your V8 swap this would be ridiculously with the harness out of the car, then fine tweaking once installed.

It was $1.50/ft for the 1/4", and a $1 more per 1/4" basically. I got a vendor discount so it was a little less, but I don't think that's to unreasonable.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I'm going to disconnect that line going to the fuse box from the battery and re-route it so you can't see it, that will make a big difference I think. And organize the COP wires like I did on the other side. If you do your V8 swap this would be ridiculously with the harness out of the car, then fine tweaking once installed.

It was $1.50/ft for the 1/4", and a $1 more per 1/4" basically. I got a vendor discount so it was a little less, but I don't think that's to unreasonable.

you mean easy lol? ^^ I'm thinking I want to do this since I've always been jealous of a very clean engine bay and I think this looks like a good first step for getting the new motor. :thumb:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
you mean easy lol? ^^ I'm thinking I want to do this since I've always been jealous of a very clean engine bay and I think this looks like a good first step for getting the new motor. :thumb:

You knew what I meant, been a long day :beerchug2:. Give it a shot, once I finish I'll measure all the lengths and sizes, been saving the scraps just to help some people out!

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
dang that realy cleans up the whole engine bay

i have been wanting to do this for some time but i got no idea what im doing, and any info on the lengh and what exactly you did to make it all work out would be amazing. it would make a great addition to the DIY section

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
dang that realy cleans up the whole engine bay

i have been wanting to do this for some time but i got no idea what im doing, and any info on the lengh and what exactly you did to make it all work out would be amazing. it would make a great addition to the DIY section

I'll make a big write up when I'm finished with some before and after pictures. I'm not done yet so I can't be exact. That right there was 8 ft of 1/4", 15 ft of 1/2", I had 6' of 3/4" and only used about 4, I'll have to measure it but that was for the main harness. You'll need 2 rolls of electric tape, some good kitchen scissors, and a pair of cutters a long with a razor blade to cut off the old electrical tape. If your really patient you can go along and unravel the tape all the way down. I unhooked every connector I could on the one side I was working on, gives you wiggle room but you can lay it into place and see how it looks as you go. I got better with it as I went, which is why I need to go back and work on the left side since I started on it first!

It's a little dumb thing that makes a big visual difference IMO.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
You knew what I meant, been a long day :beerchug2:. Give it a shot, once I finish I'll measure all the lengths and sizes, been saving the scraps just to help some people out!

lol, yeah same here, I'll post up a thread tomorrow showing a little project I've been working on that's taken me a good ass while to do and think of. I had a final at noon then made an hour drive to work at the welding shop for six hours.. lol. And I'll wait until you get some time to measure out everything. :beerchug2:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
This is what I would do if I were ordering fresh. This will do EVERY visible line, I have to order more to finish this! You will need a minimum of 12' of 1/4", 22' of 1/2", and 8' of 3/4". This allows for some wiggle room, but tack on another foot or two if you wanted to play it really safe. The only essential places you would need besides what I've show you are on the front side of the fuse box. I've done just about everything else!

The difficult thing about me giving sizes is the fact that no one person will do it like I did, I understand this so please don't hassle me if you purchase more than you use.

This is the result of today's piddling, the rain kept me from continuing unfortunately. My BBK Plenum cover wouldn't clear the rear hose on the new rails, so I put the old one on for now. I can't decide if I should just keep it on or cut/clearance the old BBK Plenum. I cleaned up some more on the left side, still got some tweaking to go though.

Picture010.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

I need to put my Oil Separator back on, I just took it off since I've taken the the heat shield so many times the past few days.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Can't check that either. Damn DoD and their restrictions.

I'm just going to go and see them on my iphone in the parking lot. :beerdrink:

Haha deal. It's not quite as good as what I'm sure you were thinking about with a spare harness, but it was a lot less hassle for now!

Boozshey

Reaction score
So where did you buy it from? Did I miss it somewhere in the thread?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back