lower et with delete plates??

pqtiii

Reaction score
Why do you need a retune? Isn't it just improving air flow or does it actually change the air to fuel ratio? I was thinking about doing this for my turbo setup. Is that a good idea?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Yes, it's a good mod and you'll need a tune.

if you are N/A i would stay away...

Why is that? So this could happen to your car?

CMPBroke.jpg

Why do you need a retune? Isn't it just improving air flow or does it actually change the air to fuel ratio? I was thinking about doing this for my turbo setup. Is that a good idea?

Yes it's a good mod for a turbo car. It's going to need a tune regardless if it's forced induction or N/A and it's just as important for either. It's very important to get a tune for them as well. I'm not so sure about it changing the A/F but the PCM is going to think it needs to control the motor that opens the charge motion plates and without the motor or the butterflies that's going to be hard. I've heard of people trying to run their cars with the plates installed with no tune and it was pretty rough. I guess the A/F could change though since it's flowing more. I'm just not so sure how much it changes..

Last edited:

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

It does change the Air fuel ratio I think it was 10% more air, The tune removes the motor from PCM check as well.

I picked up 1/10 and 2 mph

I would do them it's a cheap mod

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
my tuner said to just take him my sct that he didnt need the entire car... so ill be doing this within the next two weeks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back