c&l intake manifold results

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
Well I tested my new c&l manifold tonight at midatlantic performance in richmond, va. The test with both manifolds was done within a hour from each other. Motor is forged 281 with 9.1 compression, ported heads, comp stg2 spr blower grind, stock exhaust manifolds, o/r prochamber. A c&l racer intake was used for the tests.

Stock intake- 332hp 330tq
C&l intake----332hp 308tq

The c&l lost a lot down low and mid range. From our results I would say the c&l is a FI manifold only. Maybe the low compression or stock exhaust manifolds hurt it some or maybe not. I just know the stock manifold destroyed it down low and mid range. I think its just too much volume for my motor without FI. Next test will be with the ysi blower. Hopefully that will be in the next month or two.

I'm posting from my phone, so dyno sheets will be posted in a few hours

red- stock
blue- c&l

Attachments

• dyno2.pdf
    689.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
6500, Stock manifold had delete plates. Both same amount of timing and a/f. Only thing that was changed was plenum volume

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
I think all you guys are doing something wrong because MM&FF got 30hp out of this thing, and I believe in 2 things-editors and politicians.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To the op im makin 332rwhp as well on 9:1 cr 281 shortblock. I have longtubes and stock heads and stage 2 vsr n/a cams. Interesting, so very sim setup. Looks like your ported heads, and my longtubes offset eachother.

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
I know you were busy today Eddie! Very interesting!

oh yes, mike also tuned BCisme's car. He bought my old turbo kit, made very good power. I'm sure he will probably make a thread about it
That sucker is heavy too.

When we switched intakes, we were gonna pull the fork lift over to it and run some chains to it. Would have made for some funny pics HAHA

navyman8903

forum member
Reaction score
Wow.....so exactly what I have been saying this whole time on moddedmustangs and here........wierd. Guess I don't know what I am talking about...... Thanks for posting your results. REPS!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think all you guys are doing something wrong because MM&FF got 30hp out of this thing, and I believe in 2 things-editors and politicians.

Okay, that's funny right there...:roflmao:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

If magazine and shop tests were legit they would supply the actual tune files before and after the tests to show the results were 'real' mod results only. They have never done that nor will they ever... ?????

Don't believe the hype...:chainsaw:

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
Doesn't do any good to take in all that air and not be able to get it out. Long tubes would add a lot to those numbers.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I tested my new c&l manifold tonight at midatlantic performance in richmond, va. The test with both manifolds was done within a hour from each other. Motor is forged 281 with 9.1 compression, ported heads, comp stg2 spr blower grind, stock exhaust manifolds, o/r prochamber. A c&l racer intake was used for the tests.

Stock intake- 332hp 330tq
C&l intake----332hp 308tq

The c&l lost a lot down low and mid range. From our results I would say the c&l is a FI manifold only. Maybe the low compression or stock exhaust manifolds hurt it some or maybe not. I just know the stock manifold destroyed it down low and mid range. I think its just too much volume for my motor without FI. Next test will be with the ysi blower. Hopefully that will be in the next month or two.

I'm posting from my phone, so dyno sheets will be posted in a few hours

red- stock
blue- c&l

I assume this is the production manifold? I had very similar results (no gains) with the first preproduction manifold (see http://s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239566&postcount=22 ). Note we swapped the stock manifold/delete plates with the C&L right on the dyno.

The second preproduction run was a slight improvement but also had a vacuum leak, yet the production unit I now have seems to have a very smooth power curve to 7000 (no dead spots) and outstanding throttle response--that's with very limited driving before the winter kicked in. The car is in storage now and won't come out for a new dyno, tune and track runs until March. I'm not going FI but adding ported heads, a GT500TB, and doing 4.30 gears for fun.

I wasn't happy with the added weight, by the way, so I just went ahead and installed the bmr tubular a-arms I had sitting around to compensate...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When we switched intakes, we were gonna pull the fork lift over to it and run some chains to it. Would have made for some funny pics HAHA[/QUOTE]

That would have been classic and worth a thousand words!

Back