cam picture?

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
does anybody have a picture of the passengers side cam bolting into the phaser? stock or aftermarket cam pictures.

i need to know if there is a little space it looks like where the cam bolts into the phaser on the back of the phaser.

it doesnt looks perfectly flush to me but i dont know if its supposed to look like that or not.

thanks!!!

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
hmm well the problem is those are different cams but man thanks for the links lol that alot of handy things!

heres a picture i took tonight of the FRPP Hot Rod Cam. now what confuses me is the lobes on the camshaft lines up with the lifters and the chain on the phaser is directly in the middle of the orange tensionor that is in the timing chain cover area itself. so it seems everything is lined up perfect BUT this just looks very very odd

picture.php

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Are you talking about the 1/8" gap between the sprocket and cam itself? Can you push the sprocket back and forth?

As long as the chain is perfectly in line with the guides, the lobes are centered on the followers and the sprocket does not move then technically there should not be an issue. Did you properly torque the NEW phaser bolt (30ft. lbs. + 90 degrees). You may want to turn the engine over by hand a few times to ensure everything is operating correctly for ease of mind.

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
yes i did exactly everything u just suggested Tony. ok so it shouldnt be an issue? hopefully? lol

and no i cannot push the cam back and forth sooo.... cross fingers? lol

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
It's obviously your call. Me personally? .... I would just go for it. Everything should be fine as long as it's lined up and tightened properly.

Let us know how it goes.

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
well, if it messes up the motor... looks like i have an excuse to build the block then :)

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
That's thinking positive...lol.

Just curious, the gap is even all the way around correct? Verify the phaser sprocket is NOT cocked, IE: no runout when you are turning the motor over by hand.

If not, I really think you will be fine as the phaser sits against the face of the cam. As long as it's flush there, that's all that matters.

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
yea the gap is even all the way around and its not cocked or anything

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back