Aftermarket HE on Saleen S/C'd car

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at picking up the GordsFord Heat Exchanger sometime soon and have a few questions. I know there is some controversy as to which side to use for the inlet and which to use for the outlet. My questions are as follows:

1) Can I use the stock Saleen coolant hoses setup with this HE? Is it just a simple bolton, or does it require some custom tubing or custom mounting brackets?
2) On the GordsFord HE, are both inlet and outlet nubs on one side or opposite sides?
3) Which side should be used for inlet/outlet?
4) I'm running 10# of boost, do I need the fans?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Clay.

Sorry to go off topic but I wanted to know what tires you run with those rims. I have 20 inch saleens like you and there is so much debate about running big HP with them. How do you do it?

matt texass

Reaction score
he's got crazy 30 year old magic that makes the 20's work

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Nitto NT 555's. They grip pretty well in second gear as long as I don't mat it, third gear is solid. I had the Pzeros before this and they were a joke!

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
It depends on the one you order from Gordy. The 05+ unit bolts right in and has the hose connectors on both sides. The 03-04 works but requires a bit more work as the inlet/outlet are on both sides but face the back of the car. I went with the dual pass which has the inlet and outlet on the back of the passenger side. It took a little work but was not a problem. The upgrade to a Gordsford is definately worth it!

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know they had one but I'd love to see some stats on it and impressions from someone that has one.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Within a few weeks here we will be getting the exclusive on Saleen's 2008 Extreme Heat Exchanger and pump assembly. This unit is approximatley the same size as most aftermarket heat exchangers and is a direct fit for the Saleen cooling lines. The pump is also larger and capable of flowing more fluid! The best thing is its going to be fairly cheap!! The brackets and hardware come with as well. I believe these are going to come in black just like the stock units.

JimIII

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Within a few weeks here we will be getting the exclusive on Saleen's 2008 Extreme Heat Exchanger and pump assembly. This unit is approximatley the same size as most aftermarket heat exchangers and is a direct fit for the Saleen cooling lines. The pump is also larger and capable of flowing more fluid! The best thing is its going to be fairly cheap!! The brackets and hardware come with as well. I believe these are going to come in black just like the stock units.

JimIII
Jim, can we get a price on JUST the pump unit?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

JimIII

I'm vary interested in this. I had planned on going with a Gords HE but I may have to go with this one depending on price and performance.

Back