boost brothers headers

onebadgt

forum member
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with these? they have a warranty so i figure they will be decent and there WAY cheap compared to others

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
While I can't comment on their headers for the 05-up cars, I have a car here with their turbo kit on a 95 GT. The fitment is awfull. The flanges are warped and they use the cheapest of parts. I would stay far away from a company like this. Remember, the best deal may not be the cheapest.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
There right. they wk for the money but be warrned. you will need the fallowing tools to install. 1 propane torch to heat up some spots,1 ball peen hammer, 1 5# mall for bigger jobs, 1 rubber mallet, 2 3' pry bars and a very good friend, after that they will fit.. look at stage 3 they have pace setters that fit really good for the price.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
If your looking for inexpencive LT's look at OBX, I have had mine for over a year now and they are badass. Best money spent.

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
i keep hearing good things about pypes headers, good price and good quality

First off..USE THE SEARCH BUTTON OP!!!! Second, the pypes are practically replicas of the kooks..get them ceramic coated and your money.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Inexpensive headers, good quality, no fitment issues:

Pacesetter ceramic coated with O/R H-pipe. $525 shipped, Stage3Motorsports.

DSC_0483-1.jpg

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
You guys and all your header threads lol.....

A sticky with info concerning the most frequently asked about modifications and different brands of them seriously needs to be made. :deadhorse:

smoken1986

forum member
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with these? they have a warranty so i figure they will be decent and there WAY cheap compared to others

Well if you want a set I am getting ready to take a set off my car. Not because I have had any problems with them I fixed all the clearance issues and they dont rub with torque limiters and motor mounts. They just sit to low below the frame rail and drag in my driveway and at my wifes work and I am scared one day it will rip one of the pipes off the header. So I am putting a set of Pypes lt's on they arent full length and dont hang below the frame rail.

QMSolutions

forum member
Reaction score
I have done a complete write up on the install of Boost Brothers headers.
Link to write-up. http://quartermilesolutions.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=qms&action=display&thread=578

We have decided to do a little write up on installing Boost Brothers long tube headers. This is a fairly easy task when you have access to a lift. Quartermile Solutions in Houston had this job done in less than 2 hours.

Lets Begin.....

Our test subject for this is a 2008 Saleen, owned by David Nguyen.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall002.jpg

To begin we removed the battery and tray to give more access to the passenger side manifold.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall005.jpg

As you can see there is plenty of room now to get to the bolts.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall006.jpg

Time to move to the driver side. Here you can remove the rack and pinion bolt. An impact is the fastest way to get it out. You will be there all day with a ratchet, one click at a time.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall009.jpg

Now lift the car into the air. Locate the steering shaft and remove the bolt holding it to the rack.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall010.jpg

as you can see, the shaft will not come off of the rack. Refer to illustration #4. using a pry bar. gently move the rack forward and the shaft will slide off.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall011.jpg

Start by unplugging the O2 sensors

BoostBrothersheaderinstall013.jpg

Remove the factory catted h pipe.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall012.jpg

BoostBrothersheaderinstall014.jpg

BoostBrothersheaderinstall015.jpg

With the cats out of the way you can now remove all the top nuts on the manifolds.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall016.jpg

BoostBrothersheaderinstall017.jpg

With all the top nuts off, remove the motor mount nuts.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall018.jpg

Lift and support the engine. remove the mounting brackets. Be careful not to damage the ground straps.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall019.jpg

The new headers slip in with plenty of room.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall021.jpg

With them tightened the look good at first.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall023.jpg

The driver side header is touching the frame rail.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall025.jpg

The steering shaft is touching the header also.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall026.jpg

A little pounding and grinding got some decent clearance.
The new h pipe was also a fun, time consuming, and irritating experience.

BoostBrothersheaderinstall028.jpg

BoostBrothersheaderinstall027.jpg

All in all I would never recommend these headers to anyone. They look great while laying on the floor. In the car on the other hand, the fitment is horrible.

I hope this helps when installing your long tube headers.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back