Something doesnt seem right from this dyno run

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Okay my mods are JLT CAI, Pacesetter LT and O/R H pipe, and 4.10 gears running on 93oct. Brough the car to the local Dynojet and was having problems it seemed with the runs everytime. Here is the best run I had with 315rwhp and 299ftlbs torque. I thought Im supposed to be higher than this and the dyno's graph doesnt look right. Maybe its because ive never gone to a dyno but even the workers said something isnt right. The tune is from Bamachips
dynorun001.jpg

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
whats up with that little curly Q? thats weird...and your A/F takes a dump after 5, 250 rpms....thats weird. too.

smells like a custom tune should be on the menu

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
it is a custom tune from Bama. I just talked to them and emailed them about this issue with the dyno sheet. Out of 10 runs, the same graph showed up except for the first easy baseline to make sure things were running okay

Last edited:

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
if is an auto then you need to lock the convereter in 4th.my auto used to do that with the bama tune and 4th gear not locked.about the a/f you should contact them an email them the dyno and see what they say.if i was you ill just do a dyno tune and call it a day.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Is your car an auto?

I can't see the graph at work here but on ym old car that was on auto, the graph had a similar thing from the sound. I forget the exact reason for it.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
yes it is an automatic.

08gt4u, tell me what I have to do for that. Dont want to be spending $500 to get a custom tune done around here

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
its in new berlin. The other one I was going to do but its much further away is West Bend Dyno

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Also...when you get a dyno graph, make sure you tell them "Smoothing: 0" You want to see exactly what it's doing, not smoothing anything out.

tillman speed

Reaction score
Yeah, you need a dyno lock file, and that "loop" will go away. It's because of the Auto trans. They will send you something that turns off O/D, and essentially shifts right past 1-2-and3, right into 4th and won't downshift so you can actually run the car from 2500-redline. You'll notice yours starts alot higher, so that it doesn't downshift.

AFR is a little weird, but I'm sure they'll get you squared away.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, you need a dyno lock file, and that "loop" will go away. It's because of the Auto trans. They will send you something that turns off O/D, and essentially shifts right past 1-2-and3, right into 4th and won't downshift so you can actually run the car from 2500-redline. You'll notice yours starts alot higher, so that it doesn't downshift.

AFR is a little weird, but I'm sure they'll get you squared away.

So its a tune only for use on the dyno correct?

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
yes it is.you need to contact whoever did the tune for you and request a tune that locks 4 gear.DO NOT drive on this tune,this is only for the dyno.honestly ill be more concern about the a/f than the loop on the graph.
see if you can get a hold of your tuner and do some datalogging for them,that might help even more than sending them the graph.

Last edited:

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
just get another tune from a vendor on here and have them include a dyno run tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back