SMS red butterfly hood for sale

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well, as you guys know, SMS didnt pull through with the flaps, or the return. So i give up. Im going to be selling the hood, preferably within a 4 state range, but if a good price is established outside of 4 states, ill do that too.
i want $1000 plus shipping. this is a $1800 hood brand new, i put it on the car 3 times, drove with it once. Otherwise its sitting in its box in my heated garage. Im in red hook, ny
will also trade for gt500 front end conversion. some pieces not all. or c500 or ronaele bumper!

When i first got it
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28771&highlight=sms

the only time i had it on and drove it
wvpl49.jpg

sc6cxu.jpg

Please call me, anytime of day, or night.
845-802-6766
Andrew

Last edited:

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
damn you to hell... I love this hood if I had the cash I'd be throwing it your way... glws homie

mdgig

Reaction score
Few questions
Are the holes in the hood completely open, it still needs the flaps?
Its not painted orange?
Do you have pics of the underside?
Does it still have the fitment issues in the front of it?

badass hood btw..

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
why are you selling? They wont take it back? I thought you arranged to return it to them for your money back?

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
Few questions
Are the holes in the hood completely open, it still needs the flaps?
Its not painted orange?
Do you have pics of the underside?
Does it still have the fitment issues in the front of it?

badass hood btw..

1) yes the holes are still open, no flaps
2) no its carbon fiber
3) i can take some today
4) no fitment issues, if you put the hood on and its a little high in the front, just turn the rubber stops down a bit and it'll sit flush

why are you selling? They wont take it back? I thought you arranged to return it to them for your money back?

1) im selling because im selling my car and i dont need this anymore
2) They wont take it back because its not in "perfect" condition, the only reason it isnt perfect is because i screwed the hood latch into the hood and now it doesnt look brand new

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what bastards. id deny charge on CC card man

ethrjock

forum member
Reaction score
can the flaps and center cover be purchased somewhere?
Also, since it's carbon fiber is it also gel coated so it wont require painting? Is the finish glossy?

Thanks

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Too bad they wouldnt work with you, if anyone can ever get the parts it would be awesome.

im going older, foxbody.

Sounds bad@$$, I did not even know you had a fox & a Roush too.

GLWS

Last edited:

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
Just bought the fox a few days ago, rolling chassis minus motor and trans, complete interior, no rust, no rips, perfect. got it for $1000 from some elderly lady. already got the motor and blower on order

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Umm... That's the trucarbon hood from trufiber that was made to fit with techo super chargers.... Well we all know what happened to techo, and their end was left unfinished.... By the time those hoods where done techo was done as well.... there is two more of those that I know of.... It's not exactly an SMS hood... Sure it has the cut outs for the Saleen baffles.... I would try and contact Saleen not SMS to try and get those baffles....

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
this is the SMS hood, ik because i called them and ordered it from them directly. im going to call saleen today. im still selling hood though

DRock

Reaction score
Umm... That's the trucarbon hood from trufiber that was made to fit with techo super chargers.... Well we all know what happened to techo, and their end was left unfinished.... By the time those hoods where done techo was done as well.... there is two more of those that I know of.... It's not exactly an SMS hood... Sure it has the cut outs for the Saleen baffles.... I would try and contact Saleen not SMS to try and get those baffles....

Just to set it straight......Techco did not close up because they ran out of money......they closed because the owner saw that buisness was slowing so before he lost anything he closed up shop......He chose to it wasnt cause he had to.

Free bump.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back