turbo screamed, motor go boom!

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
So ii finished my on3 turbo kit install with my auto to manual swap, comp stage 2 spr blower cams, lockouts, boolt ons and 8 psi... decided to test it on a base tune that was supposed to get me to the dyno lol, wanted to mmake sure it would builld boost and let off... it did.. 8 psi.. turbo install a success, buuuut I didn't let off in time, it was runninng lean and I new it... slung a rod through side of block

So now I'm asking for some guidence.. time to buiild!

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would have had to clean up the inside of the car after something like that. After I threw up....

Sorry to hear this. Best of luck.

Scord

forum member
Reaction score
What kind of budget do you have going forward with this project, sounds like you've put quite a bit of money in it already.

obviously you're going to need a new block, if you want to do it cheap you can always pick up a used 4.6L 3v for cheap. Have you had a look at the condition of everything else? usually when you punch a hole in your block things get damaged. Now is a good time to upgrade though if you can afford it…

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
Ouch

Sorry to hear man!!

But I can't feel too bad. if you knew
It was running lean and still hamered
On it.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Damn, dumb move kid. Start-up tunes are just that. Shouldn't have boosted it until after the dyno. Stock block is good, stock crank, just get forged rods and good pistons.

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
Lol I'm scared to death to try boost again, but i m gonna try to get a stroker from somone and try again... it was nice for a second lol thenn I smoked out four lannes of traffic and rolled to the house

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
So you knowingly blew up your motor...

CoolStoryBro.jpg

DraggnRoush

Jimi Hendrix Blues
Reaction score
Oh that SUCKS Nasty... sorry to hear that happened to ya bro - you're a hellava nice guy! I hope you find a great deal on a short block & get back in the game soon.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So ii finished my on3 turbo kit install with my auto to manual swap, comp stage 2 spr blower cams, lockouts, boolt ons and 8 psi... decided to test it on a base tune that was supposed to get me to the dyno lol, wanted to mmake sure it would builld boost and let off... it did.. 8 psi.. turbo install a success, buuuut I didn't let off in time, it was runninng lean and I new it... slung a rod through side of block

So now I'm asking for some guidence.. time to buiild!

Sorry about that
moan-1.gif

Terry

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
I diidnt think it would actually blow, but it gives mme an excuse to use money on internals, women don't understand untill its absolutley necessary lol

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Ouch that sucks! Guess I can take that as advice to not build any boost in my car after I get the kit on until after the tuner.

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
Yes deiifinatly takke it to the tuner first don't even try it on an "ok" tune get it dynoed... I was being dumb and wanted a reason to buy my friends built engine ... now I can run more boost lol... the stock bottom ends are crappy

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you have patience of a saint...

hope you can salvage a few things, when these thing go, the extra damange is usually a price not thought out.

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
Wait... so you spent time and money building and modding the motor and then knowingly broke it?

Wish I had that much disposable income...

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Must really blow ass to live far away from a tuner/performance shop. You get FI installed on your car and you have an instant ticking time bomb on your hands and no easy way to "fix" it.

Other than the whipple are there any other manufacturer supplied tunes that are pretty safe to just load and run with?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Why is it Ford can roll tens of thousands of GT500s off the line, or terminator cobras, and their motors don't go boom. But when someone installs an aftermarket FI kit on these cars and a base tune - it's going to explode the minute you get into boost.

Why are they so sensitive?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back