Hope for the 5r55??

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sworn to secrecy, but you know me and that doesn't mean squat...lol

There should be a lot more details in a few weeks but the 'weak link' of the 5r55 is in beta testing right now and once it's dialed it will be available exclusively from Tony at Larry's transmissions.

Very exciting and I'll keep this thread going as I get more info but I suspect there will finally be a stout solution to run big numbers on the 5r55 reliably in a couple weeks...:rockband:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
LOL... If you want to alert the world about something, just tell Mark that it's a secret. hahaha.

BTW, since I already know what you're talking about, I plan on having this "upgrade" done to my trans next time it's out of the car.

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Weak link? Input shaft? Inquiring minds with auto trannies want to know :)

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im willing to bet its the input shaft

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As I said, As Tony gives me the information, I'll pass it along. I'd bet the farm we are looking at a FRACTION of the cost of the ridiculous 5r55 'built' kits out there which we all know use the same weak stock part.

The testing is being done on Ken's car which is pushing somewhere in the 700 rwhp range with a whipple 3.4 to make sure the 5r55 is stout with the upgrades. As soon as testing is done, I suspect this will be a hot product and a must have for the auto guys pushing boost. I don't think it will be more than a couple weeks before we'll have some hard data on this...:partyguy:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm on board!!!When Ken's car starts throwing down some sick times, and it will, Tony's gonna be a busy, busy man!!!!

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No doubt, and when he's got the 5r55 stout, his ass needs to start working on a transbrake conversion kit for it!!!:leghump:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm on board!!!When Ken's car starts throwing down some sick times, and it will, Tony's gonna be a busy, busy man!!!!

I'm starting to wonder if Adam should change the name of his shop to ST WHIPPLESPORTS...:piano:

I think Don is the last mohican from the shop with a KB.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm still KB, maybe the last, last; sorry Don.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Tony and I plan to get one too. Adam is the man for tunes and Tony is the man for the trans. Us here in SoCal have the best of both worlds. Talk to Tony if you need trans work.

LarrysCard001.jpg

STCard004CustomSmall.jpg

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I may have this upgrade before anyone else.....hahahahahahahaha.
Yeah, but what is they say about the special olympics? Even if you win, you are still driving an automatic:samuri:

Sorry, couldn't be helped...

Subscribing for the "low down" on this mod...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back