Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Carbon Fiber Hood Original

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Carbon Fiber Hood Original

Description:
Black in color Mustang KR GT500 Hood. This is the OEM original not a reproduction ultra rare carbon fiber hood that was produced by Plasan carbon composites for 1 year only and was used on the limited edition Shelby KR GT500 Mustangs. The hood is brand new with the original sticker still attached and has never been installed and the hood looks incredible.
Auction includes the hood and scoops only as pictured.

Paint:
The hood was painted black, it was never installed but I am in no way guaranteeing the paint finish of the hood as it does have very minor handling scratches in the paint from transportation you may be able to polish them out but worse case you would have to repaint the hood. There are no imperfections dramatic enough to be able to get them on “film” or I would have provided them.

Payment:
A $500 deposit paid through Paypal is due within 24hrs of purchase. I would prefer the balance when the hood is picked up.

Transportation:
I have this listed for local pickup only. Obviously shipping this monster is not easy and because of its value and ultra limited availability scary to ship.

That being said if you, the buyer would like to take it upon yourself 100% to arrange shipping I can prepare it for a fee. I have the original “box” for the hood but that will not do much but protect it from scratches, it would be useless in any sort of “crush” situation and most shipping companies require that the package be on a pallet so they can move it with a HiLo. If I were to prepare it for shipping I would build a wood frame for the box so it could not be crushed, pack the box with packing material and mount it to pallets. Obviously that is a TON of work. And a ton of work does not come cheap. If you want it packed up by me for shipping it will cost you $250 (About $75 will go toward wood).

All “crated” up the hood would be in a box aprox. 72x72x14 and I am guessing 150lb. If you are calling for shipping quotes they will need this information.

In the past I have used the following shipping companies with great success:

http://www.estes-express.com/

http://www.forwardair.com/

$2800 FIRM

You can email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• Copy of 001.JPG
    Copy of 001.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Copy of 002.JPG
    Copy of 002.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Copy of 003.JPG
    Copy of 003.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Copy of 004.JPG
    Copy of 004.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Copy of 005.JPG
    Copy of 005.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 88

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious but why not list this on the teamshelby site where there are many more KR owners ?

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
I have only seen one other one for sale and it was around 1200 bucks more than this one.I think people can kinda ask whatever someone will pay to have one because they are so rare.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Seeing as how anyone can get a hood that looks and functions like that, without the shelby name on it GLWS. (if the hood is the same is the name really that serious? lol)

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
you guys outta call and price this hood new . better sit down first. bump for a damn good deal

You can't buy this hood. Ford won't sell it, and Shelby won't sell it.

And as far as buying a hood that "looks" like it... Surely you jest! Having the real thing, and having a knock off are two different things. Maybe for you the real thing has no value, but for the guy collecting or in need of real authentic unabtanable parts, this is how you do it.

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You can't buy this hood. Ford won't sell it, and Shelby won't sell it.

And as far as buying a hood that "looks" like it... Surely you jest! Having the real thing, and having a knock off are two different things. Maybe for you the real thing has no value, but for the guy collecting or in need of real authentic unabtanable parts, this is how you do it.

Bet the knockoff is made out of the same stuff, looks identical and lasts just as long :omfg:

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
i deal with a guy that bought a kr wrecked from an auction last year and he put a stock gt500 hood on it for the time being just because he wasnt going to pay the price of upwards of $ 10,000 for the hood at the time he bought the car. 19cobra93 you're wrong, you can buy this hood but you have to provide a vin AND proof of ownership to acquire it. gmitch , i put in a call and left a message to my friend. if he wants to deal, which he'd be stupid not to, ill pm his number when he calls back.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Bet the knockoff is made out of the same stuff, looks identical and lasts just as long :omfg:
I'm not arguing that it is any better or worse. I'm just stating, with everything or anything rare, the real thing always has far more value to people than knockoffs, imitations, or fakes.

A few years ago you could buy a fake '67 GT500 that was meticulously restored and in better than new condition for around $60k. A real '67 GT500 in great restored shape, but probably not as good as the fake was still worth over $200k. Not because the real one was better, but because the real one was REAL.

It doesn't matter how good or better a knockoff is, it will never be worth anywhere near what the real deal is worth.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Wow apparently you Mustang guys don't know about your own cars?

http://jalopnik.com/5357470/replacement-carbon+fiber-hood-for-shelby-gt500kr-20k

One customer found when he hit an animal with his GT500KR how pricey it's snout is: hood $18,400; hood pins $632; front spoiler $3392. Shelby's since offered an interesting explanation — and lowered those prices. Here's what happened.

According to Shelby, their carbon-fiber hood is the only CF hood in regular production (we're guessing the ZR-1's polycarbonate panel disqualifies it from consideration?) and that all the required federal testing and so on adds to the cost. Also, evidently, keeping the prices high — and demanding all damaged KR parts be returned before new parts are shipped — prevents just anyone from slapping a KR hood or other parts on their base Mustang.

Whatever their rationale, the fan forums went understandably nuts. In response, the price of the hood will be reduced to $9,700 and Shelby is reconsidering the prices of other carbon-fiber components. We love the KR, but that still seems like a lot of money for Ford parts.

If you have proof of ownership, you write a check for $9,700..........how is the hood not an amazing bargain? OP have you contacted Shelby about the hood to see if they would want it?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
i deal with a guy that bought a kr wrecked from an auction last year and he put a stock gt500 hood on it for the time being just because he wasnt going to pay the price of upwards of $ 10,000 for the hood at the time he bought the car. 19cobra93 you're wrong, you can buy this hood but you have to provide a vin AND proof of ownership to acquire it. gmitch , i put in a call and left a message to my friend. if he wants to deal, which he'd be stupid not to, ill pm his number when he calls back.

I work at a Ford dealer, I have a good idea of what it takes to get this hood.

YES, you "can" get it, but you have to OWN the car you need it for, and you have to prove that your old one is damaged, and then you have to ship them the old one back before they'll ship you the new one. It's the same thing for almost all the specific KR parts, and Shelby GT parts.

My point was, Joe Blow can't just go out and buy one.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I know all about it, just people get extra sensitive about the crazy priced shelby parts then they start going out of their way to defend them, i like to break balls about it, I understand the rarity of the parts but damn. lol

bluovalguy

The Fuzz
Reaction score
I remember reading the thread the guy started who wrecked his KR. I thought in addition to lowering the prices, Shelby was also going to stop requiring returning the old hood?

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Wow apparently you Mustang guys don't know about your own cars?

http://jalopnik.com/5357470/replacement-carbon+fiber-hood-for-shelby-gt500kr-20k

One customer found when he hit an animal with his GT500KR how pricey it's snout is: hood $18,400; hood pins $632; front spoiler $3392. Shelby's since offered an interesting explanation — and lowered those prices. Here's what happened.

According to Shelby, their carbon-fiber hood is the only CF hood in regular production (we're guessing the ZR-1's polycarbonate panel disqualifies it from consideration?) and that all the required federal testing and so on adds to the cost. Also, evidently, keeping the prices high — and demanding all damaged KR parts be returned before new parts are shipped — prevents just anyone from slapping a KR hood or other parts on their base Mustang.

Whatever their rationale, the fan forums went understandably nuts. In response, the price of the hood will be reduced to $9,700 and Shelby is reconsidering the prices of other carbon-fiber components. We love the KR, but that still seems like a lot of money for Ford parts.

If you have proof of ownership, you write a check for $9,700..........how is the hood not an amazing bargain? OP have you contacted Shelby about the hood to see if they would want it?

i remeber that whole incident.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back