Gauges slowly going out. Help

Punishermustang

forum member
Reaction score
So the gas gauge has been out since I bought the car. I believe it's the sensor in the tank. The miles until empty works and I have always used that. Now my tach is starting to read 0 RPM even when it's running and varies at how far off it is from actual RPM. Seems to work better in warmer weather. Today my battery gauge read way high then settled back down after a few starts. Any ideas? I reflashed the tune from stock to the modded tune. Took out the gauges and nothing seemed a miss there. Car has 100,000 miles on it so maybe they are just giving up.

Punishermustang

forum member
Reaction score
Man I posted a ton of forums and that's the first good answer I got. I'll be trying that soon. Driving a stick with NOS and no tac has been interesting to say the least. Thanks big time.

Punishermustang

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered them. $51.00 isn't bad for having gauges again. $12 shipping kinda steep thou.

mustang585

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought them on ebay for $33 for 4, do all the gauges. Had someone solder them in for me and installed the cluster tonight. They work great. Make sure you get the upgraded motor, I believe x25-XXX are the one you want.

Punishermustang

forum member
Reaction score
Was your gas gauge working? I'm wondering if this will fix that gauge too?

mustang585

forum member
Reaction score
My gas, worked, but was slow, Tach was gone, speedo off, and temp worked. Now they all work great. Pm me if you have any questions.

Cone Sweeper

Track Whore
Reaction score
I had that happen to me.. It's the stepper motors going bad. In most case's. If your able and can do the work yourself..order the stepper motor's on ebay and do them. I just finished mine a couple weeks and back and it's been night and day. So nice to have everything work right. That thread is spot on and easy to follow if you choose to do it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back