4r70w swap kit

Synister500

Reaction score
Ok, I've searched and searched but can't find the thread. I know I have read on here where someone offers a 4r70w swap kit for our cars. Can anyone tell me who this is or post the thread?

Thanks,

BJ

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Try Freddie Brown in NY

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There's not really a "swap kit," per se.. GI Joe, 94tbird and I all have threads on the conversion and what it takes. As Dave said, Freddie Brown does offer components like a trans mount, which I bought. I didnt buy the $800 driveshaft they offered because I was able to get on built locally for $350 in steel, with 1350 joints. I'm going to go back and buy one in aluminum, maybe. Houston drivetrain wanted $500 for the aluminum one. I used a B&M Pro-Ratchet shifter in mine and with some slight modification, it fit under the console and beneath the factory shifter boot. I even used a 99-04 Mustang factory dipstick and the S197 factory trans cooler, for a clean install.. Search for the threads..

Last edited:

Synister500

Reaction score
There's not really a "swap kit," per se.. GI Joe, 94tbird and I all have threads on the conversion and what it takes. As Dave said, Freddie Brown does offer components like a trans mount, which I bought. I didnt buy the $800 driveshaft they offered because I was able to get on built locally for $350 in steel, with 1350 joints. I'm going to go back and buy one in aluminum, maybe. Houston drivetrain wanted $500 for the aluminum one. I used a B&M Pro-Ratchet shifter in mine and with some slight modification, it fit under the console and beneath the factory shifter boot. I even used a 99-04 Mustang factory dipstick and the S197 factory trans cooler, for a clean install.. Search for the threads..

I actually have your thread saved and printed! I thought I had read somewhere someone offering a kit that included trans, mount, DS. I want to use the Opti shift just like you did to retain all factory like drivability. Car would be mostly a street car with a few track runs a year. So I figured the Opti would be the way to go instead of switches for OD and lock-up.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The optishift is great, I'm really glad I went that route. I didn't like clearancing the tunnel for the cooler lines and manual lever position sensor but that was about the worst part. I'm going to say it again, an empty transmission case is really nice for fitment. Hit me up if you need any details on this. Lentech offered a package for our cars but I guarantee it's not necessary. All they'd sell beside the trans, converter and flexplate, is a mount and driveshaft.. you can get that on your own. The hard part of this, is wiring the opti and even that wasn't too bad. My car looks like it came from the factory with the 4R70w, I really like the factory dipstick.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back