JDM Shop Cars Now Thumper_RR Powered!!!

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Saleen S331 truck raced by Paul Gamino in the FFW events.

SaleenS331001.jpg

SaleenS331002.jpg

And JDM's crown jewel, the 1 of 1 5R55S 25th Anniversary Sterling H302 :leghump:

05-20-08011.jpg

05-20-08012.jpg

Sterling051.jpg

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
So what are you guys pushing?? Roush tensioners or Thump-rrr? Last I heard from you the Roush were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
On a street car, the Roush is an adequate bang/buck application.
On a racecar or a Saleen car, I'd opt for a thumper.
We also have a lot of show-car guys going with the thumper for the looks.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
You sound like Obama now! That's ok, when people get wishy washy I stop taking advice from them. Thanks.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Well the reality of the situation is Peter solved a big issue for us with the Saleen blowers and a lot of other blowers with his tensioner a few months ago when he dropped one by us. A big cost, but it was the only one out there that worked and that made it worth it. Some of that price issue is our markup, but even at cost, it was a lot, but like I said, worth it.

Along comes the Roush unit. Initial testing at 16psi shows a great unit at a much lesser of a cost. That original test car is still running that tensioner on a stick car with the most abusive driver I have ever met in my life. Then Jim Sr. throws his lifetime guarantee behind them, and we're at where we are at now. I can see why the thumper is clearly a stronger unit than the Roush, but at what point does it become excessive for your average 8psi street car?

It's a grey area. The thumper is clearly the better looking, stronger, and more engineered unit of the two. With the lifetime warranty on the Roush,
it comes down to what the customer can afford. As JDM, we just wanted to continue selling the thumper to anyone who would listen as a thank you to Peter for how much he helped us out.

For the record, every JDM race car and race truck runs a thumper tensioner. Whether that amount of overkill is necessary or not is up to each person's tastes and finances.

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
Ok.... which one are you guys putting on my car this winter? I am planning on an engine make over, Jr. said to call him after November and we will go from there. The Saleen scoop is on my wish list.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok.... which one are you guys putting on my car this winter? I am planning on an engine make over, Jr. said to call him after November and we will go from there. The Saleen scoop is on my wish list.

go with the thump_RRR

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
Built motor?

Billet good looking bad ass ness.

You sound surprised! I talked to Jr. last month and as far as the Shaker I was at the end of the power scale with what I had. He said to call him in November and we would talk. I am open to ideas, Not saying I will or wont. I have had this setup for 2 years, maybe time for a change? Depends on what you guys tell me and the $ amount. I most likley will not, but I have had a few people tell me if I am going to sell to let them know. I guess Jr. did not tell ya, or he forgot. I am open to ideas. I do not want a track car, bad or badder then I have now street car... Yep!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back