ghost cam legal issues

35anngt

After talking with a rep at LethalP I learned that there are some Legal issues with Ford and the ghost cams, so they are no longer currently available. Anyone have anymore info on this? Right before I was about to get one too :(

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Give Evolution Performace in PA a call, im sure they'd be glad to help you if they can. Im not sure if the tuner supplying Lethal with the "Ghost Cam" tune is the same tuner supplying EVO with theirs.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I can't see how that would be illegal, interesting.

35anngt

Give Evolution Performace in PA a call, im sure they'd be glad to help you if they can. Im not sure if the tuner supplying Lethal with the "Ghost Cam" tune is the same tuner supplying EVO with theirs.

It is John Lund does tuning for Evo perf and Lethal both, But his main is Evo im almost sure..

Not sure why either. Maybe they have been having some serious problems with them and theyre using the legal issue ploy? American muscle's (Bama) thread on Allfordmustangs.com said they should be out within the next month. Stuff just doesn't add up.

without revealing who I talked to. This was copied from the chat window..

Tech: We're not sure. It's not a tune issue, it's a licensing issue with Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I ordered mufflers from Lethal today and also asked them about the Ghost Tune. They told me the same thing, no more Ghost Tunes available. They said Ford somehow put a stop to them. I was gonna get one at Mustang Week. :(

35anngt

I know Bama, Lethal, Evolution performance, Livernois, and Torq? are the main ones i know of that offered them. Maybe if any of them are on this forum they can chime in? It had me sold..

35anngt

All aftermarket tunes should technically be for "offroad use only" so I don't think this is the issue.

Im thinking their is an underlying issue and this is the scapegoat, BUT. The ghost cam idle option has been removed from all major tuners websites so...idk

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
If Ford is involved, it's probably related to the Boss 302 Red Key thing FRPP has going. It offers a similar idle.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bet it's connected the track key for the BOSS 302 which I've heard does the same kind of thing with cam tuning.

EDIT: Bahhh you beat me to it!!

If Ford is involved, it's probably related to the Boss 302 Red Key thing FRPP has going. It offers a similar idle.

Last edited:

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
I heard it had to do with the track key from Ford for the Boss. Something about how it's not designed to work safely with the GT's being that they have different exhaust cam specs and could cause damage.

35anngt

I'm so excited :))

I started a controversial/interesting/informing thread that people are subscribing too lolz

35anngt

Think the track key option could be offered by ford? Someone told me that lund had an inside with ford and that is how he was able to do it. So I think that leaked and so on now everyone is busted.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford could be preparing to release the BOSS Track Key “tune” to all 5.0 owners as an “OFF ROAD USE” tune. Doing this would be a proprietary thing. Whatever the reason, it’s about making money or saving money. I’ll bet making money.

Back