Pricing argument of the Boss 302 Intake Manifold

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry Im sure if you ready above you will understand that because some shops tried ordering through Ford and not Ford Racing they ruffled some feathers and now the pricing went up, considerably because Ford Racing had a targeted price of $600. $534.95 is the lowest you will ever see it advertised through a Ford racing dealer because that is Jobber pricing and we cant go lower than that. Cost on these is not what they were last week anymore...

B.S. - I just got off the phone with Tousley Ford and their price is $399. That is not the reduced price as you mentioned. That is their price with FRPP today.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
B.S. - I just got off the phone with Tousley Ford and their price is $399. That is not the reduced price as you mentioned. That is their price with FRPP today.

Until you buy it and it's in your hands you cannot say for sure lol. Like Said Ford is pretty cheesed :roflmao:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Until you buy it and it's in your hands you cannot say for sure lol. Like Said Ford is pretty cheesed :roflmao:

I had that whole discussion with Steve@Tousley. His pricing is $399. That is the FRPP pricing, not the standard Ford pricing.

$534.95 is price gouging.

I made a recommendation to said vendor and verified what he stated was indeed incorrect. :asshat:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

If they advertise that they will lose they're vendorship with FRPP, I dont make the rules. And now they're cost is pretty much that so i dont see how they wont be making any profit on it...

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had that whole discussion with Steve@Tousley. His pricing is $399. That is the FRPP pricing, not the standard Ford pricing.

$534.95 is price gouging.

I made a recommendation to said vendor and verified what he stated was indeed incorrect. :asshat:
Like I said. Until it is bought , paid for and part in hand I doubt it.

If you can get it for that price What are you waiting for?

forum member
Reaction score
Well Happy to say he is correct. Mine shipped out today and $395 from Steve at Tousley so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. If you all want to pay $549 go for it, cause someone is making a profit and being just plain GREEDY. I will be happy to post pictures next tuesday when I get it IN MY HANDS.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Like I said. Until it is bought , paid for and part in hand I doubt it.

If you can get it for that price What are you waiting for?

When I get my tax return tomorrow I will be ordering.

Doubt as you may. I think the community deserves the best price possible and I would hope you would feel the same way.

If you can get the same part for $150 less why wouldn't you?

I think people like to argue on this forum for the sake of arguing. Doesn't seem to be that way on other forums and I will probably start participating less here as a result.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well Happy to say he is correct. Mine shipped out today and $395 from Steve at Tousley so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. If you all want to pay $549 go for it, cause someone is making a profit and being just plain GREEDY. I will be happy to post pictures next tuesday when I get it IN MY HANDS.

No one is being greedy, its the price structures that were set by Ford Racing. Tousley is WHORING out the product:hi:and wont be able to sell if for that price much longer, so anyone who wants $395 call them now!

The pricing structures have changed, everyone will soon have to abide by the rules.. Tousley included

forum member
Reaction score
No one is being greedy, its the price structures that were set by Ford Racing. Tousley is WHORING out the product:hi:and wont be able to sell if for that price much longer, so anyone who wants $395 call them now!

The pricing structures have changed, everyone will soon have to abide by the rules.. Tousley included

You are right I don't understand the rules FRPP lays out for it's dealers. One thing I know for sure is if you want a FRPP part and do a google search you will find at least 5 different prices from 5 different FRPP dealers. For me Tousley Ford has always been the lowest on parts and seems to really care about the Mustang community and passes what savings it can onto it's customers. So if Tousley is WHORING out the intake then I'm glad I got one of the WHORES before the prices change.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm, let's see.....

Tousley $395
UPR $399
LRS $439
Blueovalindustries $475
JDM $535

Not a very difficult choice there. :wtf1:

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
I better not say what I can get the diff rear cover for Ford Racing selling for 159.00 I'm getting them for more than 1/2 off LOL I've gotten 5 of them so far 2 for me 3 for friends

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I better not say what I can get the diff rear cover for Ford Racing selling for 159.00 I'm getting them for more than 1/2 off LOL I've gotten 5 of them so far 2 for me 3 for friends

Do they have support for the bearing caps as the aftermarket diff. covers do?

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
No they don't it has fins on the inside and outside for cooling and have spots to put in fill and drain plugs. Nice thing the vent can be moved to it. It's also the same cover used on 11 Shelby GT500.

It be fine unless you going to be doing full time drag racing with full slicks. Then yes used cover with bearing cap support screws. Never seen bearing cap failure on street car yet

I wouldn't mind getting engine oil cooler. If I remember in the first info on the 5.0 engine full thottle runs over 3500 rpm over long period heats the oil up fast.

Last edited:

forum member
Reaction score
I spoke to Steve at Tousley last night and he said he will continue to sell them at $395 till the cows come home. Hasn't heard about any "RULES" being laid out about pricing. So if you want one Tousley is the place.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, let's see.....

Tousley $395
UPR $399
LRS $439
Blueovalindustries $475
JDM $535

Not a very difficult choice there. :wtf1:

We are not the only ones selling it for $535, respecting Ford racings price structure. American muscle is $549, Summit, Jegs, and others for $535 as well. Its just playing by the rules. I cant sell one for $399 and stay in buisness we dont sell parts to lose money, I will come down on my pricing if someone calls or do what I can do make a good deal but I will not advertise below Jobber and have my distributorship put in jeopardy.

Bottom line I dont give a shit who you spend your money with, you've had a hard on for my father and his company for many years. All I did here in this post was share information I got from Ford racing to let the good people at the S197 forum get the first heads up.

Last edited:

jsnyng

Reaction score
If you mean Latemodel Restoration Supply they are actually selling them for $485...http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...-Mustang-Ford-Racing-Boss-302-Intake-Manifold

Actually, they are selling them for $439.99 w/o tune. The link you posted was with a BBR tune. $439 - http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...tang-50L-Ford-Racing-Boss-302-Intake-Manifold

I've got no dog in this fight. I understand you are doing your thing to respect Ford's MAP policy or whatever it is now. Thank you for supporting the S197 community.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back