Installed my new slotted&cross-drilled rotors

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Been gone all day long doing the monthly Doctor's and hospital visits. Got home about two hours ago and sitting there in my garage were my new rotors I purchased from Ed at SD Mustang Accessories. See his thread here. The fronts are the exact same size in thickness and diameter as the stock rotors and weigh the same. For over a year I've been waiting for a vendor on here to get some of these for our 2011 Mustang GT's. I wanted a product that had a good history behind their products, but not have to pay almost $400 for JUST the fronts like with DBA rotors. And even then, you were going to lose 3/4" diameter with theirs. These are a full 13.22" just like the stock rotors. For all four corners with DBA, you'd be looking at over $700 in rotors for the front and rears. Fuck that. Rotors aren't that fucking expensive to make, the damned tech has been around for quite some time and these are also Zinc plated, so why spend that kinda dough? Ed was a pleasure to do business with and shipping was very fast.

For $336 shipped to my door for all four rotors, I can't be happier! They performed very well for the limited test drive I took after installing them. I'm pretty smoked right now, so I only took a few pictures. Only took an hour to install and if anyone else needs a talk through, just let me know. It's a super easy job, so don't be gun shy about trying it yourself. As long as you can jack up a car, take each wheel off and turn a 15mm wrench, you won't have any problems installing these.

I'll update this thread tomorrow or the next day. I'll get better pictures and put more miles on them. Zero increase in vibration and surprisingly little "chuffing" noise from the rotors themselves. Anyone who has ridden a motorcycle or installed these types of rotors before will know the noise I'm talking about. Of course, as soon as you roll up the windows or turn your radio on, you can't hear them at all. With my exhaust, I couldn't hear them at all unless I depressed the clutch and allowed the engine to idle as I was slowing down.

On to the pictures. I'm ready to take a shower and then sleep on the sofa till the wife has dinner ready!

Pic #1 is of the new rotor laying on top of the stock rotor.

Rotors1.jpg

Pic #2 is obvious:

Rotors2.jpg

Front right side:

Rotors3.jpg

Front left:

Rotors5.jpg

The whole left side of the car. This is the picture I really need to do a better job on. Just too tired to mess with the camera much today:

Rotors4.jpg

Not rotor related, but I love this shot:

Ruby1.jpg

And finally, a picture of our new house. I will take more of these once we get the inside all cleaned up and finish unpacking. 3BR, 2 full bath, walk in closets, fenced in yard, two car garage, all brick. 2236sq ft with an attic storage area that's HUGE. It's another bedroom if I wanted to finish it in. But I need storage more than a bonus room! And don't give me shit about the dish. They don't have cable run out here yet. And I've got to put up with DSL! :yuck:

House2.jpg

House.jpg

See everyone tomorrow. I'm too smoked to even bother ordering my gauges from Lethal. I'll do that tomorrow too.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Sweet Frank! Ive been wanting to do this and for that price its a no brainer.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks so sick Tom!

Get some stainless steel lines, some Hawk HPS pads, and some Motul fluid, and you've got a great brake upgrade comparable to a BBK for a fraction of the cost!

I love the look of these, and would have ordered them as well. Unfortunately the Brembo rotors are 14" up front and this manufacturer doesn't make them...yet!

Ed is a great guy to deal with! He's an amazing person on and off the boards! By far one of our best vendors here! I really need to give him some more business!

BTW, I also love that front shot! Looks menacing as hell. I'm telling you, every time I see a shot of the front as it sits now, I think it looks great as is. No need for the Saleen grill! I think it's the combo of the HIDs and the blacked out fogs that stand out to me.

Such a badass ride!

Easily one of our best 5.0's here! Too bad mine's faster! Hahahaha!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice! My DBA 2 pc rotors showed up today. Hope to get them on this weekend.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments folks! I really do love the look of the car with these rotors. I'll see how fade resistant they are tomorrow! LOL!

Looks so sick Tom!

Get some stainless steel lines, some Hawk HPS pads, and some Motul fluid, and you've got a great brake upgrade comparable to a BBK for a fraction of the cost!

I love the look of these, and would have ordered them as well. Unfortunately the Brembo rotors are 14" up front and this manufacturer doesn't make them...yet!

Ed is a great guy to deal with! He's an amazing person on and off the boards! By far one of our best vendors here! I really need to give him some more business!

BTW, I also love that front shot! Looks menacing as hell. I'm telling you, every time I see a shot of the front as it sits now, I think it looks great as is. No need for the Saleen grill! I think it's the combo of the HIDs and the blacked out fogs that stand out to me.

Such a badass ride!

Thanks Nick! I've come to the decision that I'm going to keep my grill the way it is. That's a couple hundred I can spend on something else! LOL! I've had too many people say they really dig the way it looks now that I had to rethink my opinion on it. After imagining the Saleen grill on there, I still like it. However, the fact that it's plastic just irks the piss outta me. For $200 fucking dollars, the damned thing should be aluminum!

And if you and I are ever in the same city in our cars, we will put your statement to the test! You ain't faster than me unless you have a fairy car mother pushing your shit while you drive it! :thumb2:

Love your car, the rotors look good on there.

Thanks man. I think it was you I was talking to about wanting to get these. Like four or five months ago? If for nothing else than the appearance factor, but that these types of rotors would likely fend off fade a while longer. I'll put that to the test, as I mentioned above!

Nice! My DBA 2 pc rotors showed up today. Hope to get them on this weekend.

I wish I could afford those, but it just isn't in the budget right now. Too many other things I want to get done! And, of course, I'm not reeling in any where near your power. Next up is an SOS dual gauge pod and two Aeroforce Interceptor gauges. I'm calling Lethal tomorrow. I've had a couple of people mention they have them, then they can't find them, then they want five dollars less than new for them, PLUS shipping! LOL! I'd rather just go ahead and spend the money for new because I know for a fact that Lethal will take good care of me should I have an issue with one of them.

Does anyone know if the SOS Parchment Tan A-Pillar pods are the same color as my Stone interior?

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I need to consider doing this. Especially when I change my wheel setup. Your pictures pretty much sold me on the idea.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tom I didn't want to spend it, but the ones I have are starting to crack at the cross drills, so it was needed and Ryan made me a deal too good to pass on.

Mine are 14" 2pc! But i'll save 3 lbs a wheel too!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Tom I didn't want to spend it, but the ones I have are starting to crack at the cross drills, so it was needed and Ryan made me a deal too good to pass on.

Mine are 14" 2pc! But i'll save 3 lbs a wheel too!

I bet man! Those are expensive normally, so you must have gotten a really good deal!

Isn't it friggin amazing the way taking off just 3lbs at the corners can change the performance of these cars? When I went from those horrid chrome wheels with stock rubber and put on these wheels and the KDW2 rubber, I dropped, no shit, 10lbs per corner. It felt like getting that first tune all over again!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
It's time for a brake job soon at the dealer I'm wondering if I can just bring them rotors and pads? I would hate to get the OEM shit back on.

Rotational mass makes a hell of a difference don't it! lol

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's time for a brake job soon at the dealer I'm wondering if I can just bring them rotors and pads? I would hate to get the OEM shit back on.

Rotational mass makes a hell of a difference don't it! lol

Brake jobs are very simple on these cars. See my post above for my recommendation for an inexpensive upgrade to the standard GT brakes.

Entrenched

forum member
Reaction score
Looks so sick Tom!

Such a badass ride!

OP car looks great. I have to agree with this post. I got similar rotors, HPS pads, Goodridge SS lines, and Super Blue Fluid change. Braking is amazing and since the fluid is shared by the clutch there are some other added benefits.

Picture344.jpg

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
OP those look great. It's about time someone makes some rotors with a black hub. Looks much nicer and finished. Paint your calipers black and you're good. :p

I noticed you took off the headlight covers, may I inquire as to why you did?

OP car looks great. I have to agree with this post. I got similar rotors, HPS pads, Goodridge SS lines, and Super Blue Fluid change. Braking is amazing and since the fluid is shared by the clutch there are some other added benefits.

Where'd you get those? Those are GT500 calipers.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks great! I need to consider doing this. Especially when I change my wheel setup. Your pictures pretty much sold me on the idea.

You can't go wrong ordering from Ed! He's a great guy and gets the shipment out quick and is "Johnny on the Spot" with keeping you updated via the forums and email! Your car would look awesome with these!

OP those look great. It's about time someone makes some rotors with a black hub. Looks much nicer and finished. Paint your calipers black and you're good. :p

I noticed you took off the headlight covers, may I inquire as to why you did?
I took off the front and rear blackout covers. They kept coming loose and flapping around, slightly marring the paint around them. Someone warned me of this, luckily I got to it before it got too bad.

I plan to tint the headlights myself and I'll order tails once they are available tinted and I have the $$$!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Each set of rotors, front and rear, have a part number and a side etched on them. So the "R" at the end of the P/N means it goes on the right side. I do not believe they are unidirectional. Just looking at them told me where to install them. I didn't notice the P/N with the side indication until after I had installed the fronts.

The rear rotors are actually more difficult to swap out than the fronts. Ford used yellow locktite on those two bolts. I used blue on all bolts during reassembly. Also, if you know how to apply it sparingly, a little dab of anti seize compound needs to be used on the rotors where they mount and meet the hubs. VERY small amounts!

BTW, you guys running the SS lines. Where did you get them and how much were they?

Last edited by a moderator:

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
looks like a good upgrade. lord knows the rotors are shot on my car and need replacing soon

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back