Converted to blow through

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I didn't like the fuel trim swings associated with the stock draw through set up on my Paxton. The solution was to go blow through for more accurate maf function.

First the coolant tank had to be moved to allow enough room for the discharge tube. I went with a Canton tank.

IMG_1090-1.jpg

Here's the 3" tube with a hpx maf. Had a local guy weld the flange for this and the mondo, cost $35.

IMG_1089-1.jpg

The mondo blows alot of air at idle. Right now I'm digging the sound but it could get old fast. I may route a 2" hose with an air filter to quiet it down some.

IMG_1096-1.jpg

Put together a replica "Power pipe". It's been well documented on this forum how to do it. Bigray, Lightblade and Greg Hazellet come to mind off hand. I'm sure there are others too. Having this forum for research is invaluable.

All I had to do was get a 3.5" to 4" 90 degree reducing elbow. Cut about 1" off of the 3.5" side and connect it to a 4" 45 degree elbow. Reused the air filter.

IMG_1091-1.jpg

The last detail was what to do with the passenger side pcv line. I put a breather on the hose and stuck it down here until I figure out what I want to do with the whole pcv system.

IMG_1092-1.jpg

I used the ba5000 value file for the hpx meter. It uses the same values as supplied by pmas. The test drive revealed it's real close. Fuel trims are good and I'm not touching the maf xfer until I get it wot on a dyno. I'll bet there won't be any need to adjust.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Looks great Bruce. What's next on the list ;^)

Still deciding if I should put this 3.6" pulley on. If I do more than likely a set of 4.10's will go in. The 4.56's are almost too much with this setup. I was unintentionally breaking the tires loose in 2nd today on the wet roads. Driveability first.

The first thing to happen will be a filter on the bov. People are turning their heads half a block away. I drove around with the window down for awhile and it sounds like an axle bearing past it's prime. It was cool for a little bit but I'm over that now, lol.

When is the next dyno day going to be? I'd like to get it on just to verify the af. Looking at the fuel trims I think it's going to be dead on.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Still deciding if I should put this 3.6" pulley on. If I do more than likely a set of 4.10's will go in. The 4.56's are almost too much with this setup. I was unintentionally breaking the tires loose in 2nd today on the wet roads. Driveability first.

The first thing to happen will be a filter on the bov. People are turning their heads half a block away. I drove around with the window down for awhile and it sounds like an axle bearing past it's prime. It was cool for a little bit but I'm over that now, lol.

When is the next dyno day going to be? I'd like to get it on just to verify the af. Looking at the fuel trims I think it's going to be dead on.

Dyno days will be the last Saturday of every month.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Id like to hear that. Vid, please?

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Id like to hear that. Vid, please?

Just go turn on your vacuum cleaner. :)

Bruce, I did the filter thing and it barely helped at all. I think I made a few posts about it, with pics. I found out that the only real noise reduction you get is by a) adding some length of piping, and b) filling the filter with air cleaner material. I ended up with the filter on the end of 2 feet of hose.

Good luck. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool. Is the ba5000 value file included in Pro Racer or did it come with the MAF you purchased?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Very cool. Is the ba5000 value file included in Pro Racer or did it come with the MAF you purchased?

Both. The file that comes with the maf is on a spreadsheet so it would require copying all the parameters in. The maf file on pro racer just required a mouse click.

max2000jp

forum member
Reaction score
Wow that looks great. Where did you get the coupler and pipe from? I had a draw thru Vortech setup (A/W) and have been thinking about doing this.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Both. The file that comes with the maf is on a spreadsheet so it would require copying all the parameters in. The maf file on pro racer just required a mouse click.

i think they sent me a disk when i got mine, i could find the file if you want...maybe

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Thanks again for the compliments guys.

Nice work Bruce. As usual.

So there is a dyno day this sat the 29th? I still want to get this BAMA tune checked.

Turns out they aren't going to start till the 26th of November.

Wow that looks great. Where did you get the coupler and pipe from? I had a draw thru Vortech setup (A/W) and have been thinking about doing this.

www.siliconeintakes.com IIRC it was around $60 shipped for the pipe and coupler.

i think they sent me a disk when i got mine, i could find the file if you want...maybe

I have the disk, values are the exact same as sct ba5000. Thanks anyway.

holmes4.6

forum member
Reaction score
So I know this is a dumb question but would a stock maf sensor work with this set up and a mafia ? I'm starting the conversion on mine in about a week

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back