Audio Checklist

Super Six One

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm replacing the head unit in my Shaker 1000 equipped 05. I go through music pretty fast, and having to burn a new CD every few days is a total pain in the ass, so I'm looking for an iPod-enabled HU.

I've settled on the Sony Xplod CDX-GT550UI.

When I go to purchase it from Crutchfield, I'm offered the choice of choosing the Ford in-dash receiver kit, as well as the PAC C2R-FRD1 replacement interface.

...which brings me to my main question: Do I need the C2R-FRD1? I've heard that you can go with the alternative, the FWH694. The FWH is something like 8 bucks, while the C2R is 64.

Is the PAC interface overpriced, or are you really paying what it's worth? If I can get the same quality out of the FWH, I'm buying that.

270916535_26e718e321.jpg

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Get the wiring kit i have the same stereo in mine i also bought the harness and soldered it into the steroes wiring than just plugged it into the cars harness so if i wanted later to remove it for a double din i can just unplug it without worrying about damaging the cars harness.

Super Six One

Banned
Reaction score
Get the wiring kit i have the same stereo in mine i also bought the harness and soldered it into the steroes wiring than just plugged it into the cars harness so if i wanted later to remove it for a double din i can just unplug it without worrying about damaging the cars harness.
I gathered that they were both the same thing, just for a different price, though. Am I wrong in that regards?

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
The PAC kit is all in one but i just went out and purchased a harness kit a 5v regulator for the shaker subs and wired it in works flawlesly. Spent roughly $12.00 for harness and regulator. Think the PAC is $100+?

Super Six One

Banned
Reaction score
The PAC kit is all in one but i just went out and purchased a harness kit a 5v regulator for the shaker subs and wired it in works flawlesly. Spent roughly $12.00 for harness and regulator. Think the PAC is $100+?
Yeah, it's like 120 bucks.

I don't know jack shit about audio...could you link me to the harness and 5v regulator?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back