brembo and 18'' what works

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
I have done pleanty of searches over the last 2 days . I have 18''x8.5 bullets , I got a kill deal on new take off brembos brakes 14'' rotors and I dont want a spacer on the front of my car the wheels stick out I have 255 45 18'' all the way around .
so here it is I would like to keep the tires and get another set of 18'' rims that would go over the brembo with no spacers . Really don't want gt500 stockers 06-09 I think I neesd a 45mm offset on the new rims am I right here aleast . I just don't want to buy a rim I cant use .

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
any wheel that will fit a GT500

it's not only the offset - the design of the rim will affect fitment

Razorbed

forum member
Reaction score
I think this could become a sticky informative thread if everyone throws in their 18" rims that are known to fit the brembo package, along with width and offset.

I know that the SVE 10th anniversary wheels in 18x9 +36 are confirmed to fit
Plus heard of the TSW Nurburgrings in 18x9.5 +40

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about those vorshlags, but would like to run 295's. I lefta msg with them to see if that would work. I dont hook up worth a darn with the 3.73's.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
I have 18 inch forgestar cf5's coming in. Same exact fitment as Entrenched on here.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Those Vorshlag aren't bad at all. Wouldn't mind getting them.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about those vorshlags, but would like to run 295's. I lefta msg with them to see if that would work. I dont hook up worth a darn with the 3.73's.

We've put 315s on them. That huge tire would be happier on a 11" wheel, but they can work. The 295 should fit on the 10 pretty well. We run a 285 on them as a daily driver tire.

DSC7369-M.jpg

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
I really like these rims vorshlag I think this is my next wheel

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
We've put 315s on them. That huge tire would be happier on a 11" wheel, but they can work. The 295 should fit on the 10 pretty well. We run a 285 on them as a daily driver tire.

DSC7369-M.jpg

Do you happen to have a pic of that 315 on the rear? Oh, and thank you for the added info.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I have the Roush 18x10 chrome wheels with my Brembos. They are heavy as all hell and I have been thinking of a lighter weight wheel. Great thread!

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, it seems the 315's don't poke out too bad. After looking at the pics and further thought it seems that if a 285/40-18 would clear the front struts (with out the spacer) it might also be a great choice.

It would be closer to the stock height than the 275 (26.7 vs 27) and have about .7" more tread width. Down side being 2 lbs heavier. It looks like with the rim only 3 to 4 mm from the shock a high camber could cause issues?

I'm just speculating, I don't know too much about all this. Just trying to learn and find the widest square set up that I can run with and with out spacers (but with out poke). I don't know how big you can go with a spacer safely but it sure looks like a little more offset and a matching bump on the spacer would tuck that that 315 flush with out issue? The 315 does look a little small thought, the 275 as stated just looks right, so would the 285 if it fits.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
18x9.5 Pentars with 275/35 BFG's. These have a 45mm offset, but are a little on the heavy side. I think they are 26lbs apiece. Plenty of Brembo clearance though.

Last edited:

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The 315 is a really short tire, so yes, from the side it looks really small in the wheelwell.

For a daily driven, no-spacer, square setup, I'd highly recommend a 285/40 or a 275/40. We've been running the 275/40-18 Bridgestone RE-11 that runs a little wider than most tires in that size. Between the size and the compound it's nearly the perfect tire for a lowered Mustang on our 18x10 wheels.

DSC6023a-M.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just picked a set of used brembo's also. I like my stock 18" bullets and my tires are in good shape too. I am going with 1" spacer's from mustangwheelspacers.com. I went with the works package to bring front and rear both out 1 inch. Here is a picture of a car with a 1 inch spacer...I think it looks pretty good. Anyway, if you like your stock rims, you can keep them if you want to.

Mustangpicswith1inchspacer.jpg

Last edited:

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
I just picked a set of used brembo's also. I like my stock 18" bullets and my tires are in good shape too. I am going with 1" spacer's from mustangwheelspacers.com. I went with the works package to bring front and rear both out 1 inch. Here is a picture of a car with a 1 inch spacer...I think it looks pretty good. Anyway, if you like your stock rims, you can keep them if you want to.

Mustangpicswith1inchspacer.jpg
like it mine looks the same I'll post pics

B2B

forum member
Reaction score

I hope you are running longer studs with those 1" spacers... Otherwise, you are probably getting 3 or 4 threads in those lug nuts.

FL BILL

Reaction score
I am not a fan of spacers due to safety concerns. I saw a friend of mine snap off 3 of 5 studs on a set of spacers. Be sure the studs are quality made - not Chinese junk being offered on eBay. :highfive:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back