Need help with part number

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I am trying to find the part number for the F/M Sealed Power Main Bearings for my Kellogg 3.75 stroker crank. I guess they are different then the stock size. I know it uses part number Z82020cp for the rod, wich is a chevy bearing. I ordered the7289MA for the mains ad they seem to be .040 to small.

The crank originaly came with F/M race series bearings with a stamp on them that says 7253ch but I cannot find it anywhere.

Last edited:

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
are you sure about the F/M bearing part #, it seems like F/M dont make any main bearings for the 05 mustangs

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
are you sure about the F/M bearing part #, it seems like F/M dont make any main bearings for the 05 mustangs

The bearings that came out of the engine are F/M, they are stamped 7253 CH and the rear main is stamped 7254CH.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Here are the ones I ordered.
7289ma

Looks like these are what I needed.
149m

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Last edited:

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here are the ones I ordered.
7289ma

Looks like these are what I needed.
149m

Yes that is the right part number. For some reason, they can match up our connecting rods with no problem, but as far as the main bearings, they cant pull the box number off the bearing. Weird.
Our connecting rod bearings are small block chevy bearings 2". Mine were .001 under to make up for the .0015 bearing tolerance that ford likes to set on the rods and mains. (aluminum blocks that is).

You should look into his thread at the thrust bearing. I was able to machine the thrust area to accept a full thrust bearings. In order to use it, you will have to order two sets of bearings so you have the complete thrust.

In this thread there are pics and feel free to ask questions. You can do it all with a dremel and a steady hand. Also with a drill bit, but make sure to get all shavings out if you do it.
The bearing needs to be cut also with a groove all the way around, so the oil rides in it.
You need to o-ring the block now, since you have it apart now. I have about 30passes on my car with the new motor and the block oringed and no issues with the SCE titan gaskets.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62947&page=2

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
It looks right to me.

When I searched I only searched for the 05. Totally forgot about the earlier engines

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yes that is the right part number. For some reason, they can match up our connecting rods with no problem, but as far as the main bearings, they cant pull the box number off the bearing. Weird.
Our connecting rod bearings are small block chevy bearings 2". Mine were .001 under to make up for the .0015 bearing tolerance that ford likes to set on the rods and mains. (aluminum blocks that is).

You should look into his thread at the thrust bearing. I was able to machine the thrust area to accept a full thrust bearings. In order to use it, you will have to order two sets of bearings so you have the complete thrust.

In this thread there are pics and feel free to ask questions. You can do it all with a dremel and a steady hand. Also with a drill bit, but make sure to get all shavings out if you do it.
The bearing needs to be cut also with a groove all the way around, so the oil rides in it.
You need to o-ring the block now, since you have it apart now. I have about 30passes on my car with the new motor and the block oringed and no issues with the SCE titan gaskets.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62947&page=2

Im thinking about it since it will be another week now that I need to reorder the bearings.

It really sucks that Summit and Federal Mogul show both of these bearing to work in our engines. The only difference I can see is the fact that one is bi metal and the other is tri metal. Of coarse I bought the bi metal ones becouse I was having Polydn coat them anyhow.

Anyone have any idea what the 7289MA bearings fit?

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
i have used royal purple engine assymbley over a year ago and let me tell you it was the best i ever used,,,,3 weeks ago i have re assembled my engine just to fresh it up, changed the gaskets, roller rockers and lifters,,,main bearings and connecting rod bearings looked almost new(i will put all the info in one of my threads, i am not trying to hi jack this thread).

all the best to you my friend

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
similar question, looking for rod bearing part # for the 3.8 stroker setup. Kellogg Crank and Manley rods will be new

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
So now I have a new crank. Its a Scat 3.75 stroker crank. It won't use the 149m bearings as it uses 05-10 style bearings. I have decided on a Clevite MS2259HK bearing that is coated. What are y'all using for you rod bearings on these 2" rods? I have been looking at the Clevite CB745HNK bearing but I can only find them as singles and not in a set, which doubles the cost.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
So now I have a new crank. Its a Scat 3.75 stroker crank. It won't use the 149m bearings as it uses 05-10 style bearings. I have decided on a Clevite MS2259HK bearing that is coated. What are y'all using for you rod bearings on these 2" rods? I have been looking at the Clevite CB745HNK bearing but I can only find them as singles and not in a set, which doubles the cost.

Am I understanding this correctly, that you have a crank with stock rod pin dimensions but have the 2" 5.850 big end rods? Or are you still using a 2" crank dimension that takes sbc bearings?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Am I understanding this correctly, that you have a crank with stock rod pin dimensions but have the 2" 5.850 big end rods? Or are you still using a 2" crank dimension that takes sbc bearings?

Mains are stock size and the rods are SBC 2". Looking for a better bearing then the Sealed Power 7065CH bearings. They don't offer a coated bearing unless I go oversized. I have a set of the 7065CH1 bearings now that are .001 over but after putting them in today and checking clearance I have .0035 on these rod bearings and I want .0025. They don't seem to offer a std size with coating on them though.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back