Bmr k-member install- Questions!

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
So I ordered a BMR K member. 1st hurdle was finding out that it doesn't work with the S&H Turbo piping I have sitting in my garage. With much back and forth, Kelly @ BMR advised me on modifying the offending gussets, so, got the cutting wheel out for that.

Now, my first dillema- Does this thing not use motor mounts? I ordered the Bullet Prothane motor mounts and looking at the instructions here I am at a loss? Anyone have pics from their installs? Also I have seen suggestions for using a phone book in between the jack and the Oil pan to support the engine when the k-member is out, while others suggest a block of wood under the crank snout-Which one is better?

Been doing a lot of searching on this (so if I missed something and you need to flame me, go ahead, just link me to what I missed while flaming me)

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The K member will have motor mounts included with the hardware package. You need to use the BMR mounts.

I used a 2x6 block of wood which was long enough to span the full width of the oil pan so it spread the load along as much of the perimeter as possible while avoiding the low spot by the drain plug. I had no issues with this method.

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

The day after the install I acquired a different clip for attaching the power steering line. I wasn't happy with it the way it appears in these pictures.

Last edited:

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
Thanks that helps a lot. Was a little worried reading through BMRs instructions, wasnt understanding them, and wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I tackled this project.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your install. I used the phone book method under the oil pan and it worked well for me. While I am sure many have done this install on there own, I was appreciative of an extra set of hands.

IMG_0146.jpg

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Phone book is a great idea as it has insulation qualities. If at all costs you never want to support the engine by the Balancer. Not good for the Crankshaft!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If I do the job on a floor in a garage, I support the engine by the transmission.

If you have any questions, give me a call.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Kelly. Please PM me a price on what we discussed on Friday. I got the paperwork but you and I never discussed a specific price.

Back