Finally got the 5.0 on the dyno!!

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
After about a million delays, I was able to get the car tuned with the Paxton. To say I'm happy is an understatement !!! Car made 759/593 on 93 octane pump gas!! Tune is very safe too, a/f is right at 12.0 across the powerband and timing was 13*. With the 3.30 pulley it was making just over 12 pounds of boost. Paxton woke this car up big time!!!

This was done on a dyno dynamic's dynamometer. I've never heard of them but I couple of my buddies said that they read really low. I may go make a glory pull on a Dyno jet when the weather gets cold!!!

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
LOL!! Safe.. I guess I will find out haha! I really just wanted to crack 700, but the car just kept going.. I only pulled it to 7000 because my tuner said I would really start pushing it if I spun it higher. (car has a boss intake) all I can say is if you throw boost at these cars they make huge power. I can only imagine if I had spun it to 7500.

Also, it's a stock motor.

Last edited:

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
Wow..... makes me really want to pulley down (I'm on the 3.60" stocker)..... great numbers.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
congrats!! nice numbers it sure is a ton of fun with boost and these cars. I love the way it feels like a stock car until you hit it and then it pulls like a frieght train. Take good care of it ...mines been going strong for months now and its daily driven ...well until the weather gets bad anyways

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's crazy! I think I'd be toning it down to around 675 if it were me. Just to be a little easier on the bottom end. Have three tunes. 600/675/max.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
That's crazy! I think I'd be toning it down to around 675 if it were me. Just to be a little easier on the bottom end. Have three tunes. 600/675/max.

I agree. He was really late getting to it. He didn't finish untill after 8 last night. He asked me to go drive it for a couple of days to see how the drivability was and next week we would put it back on the dyno and tweak it a little more. I only wanted to touch 700 anyway. While he was tuning it he kept pulling timing and throwing fuel at it to keep the power at a safer number but it still kept climbing. He had the timing way low around 10* and air fuel way to fat at around 10 flat across the board and it was still making 700. It was just way too rich, so he suggested either putting the stock air box on or putting the stock pulley back on the blower.
I don't beat on my car too much really, but I'm not sure I want the power that high on the stock rotating assembly. Last night he said "screw it.. You want to put some 110 in it and advance the timing and see if it'll make 800?" I said screw that!!!! Haha! He was joking though, and suggested that I mix some fuel in it just in case I get a bad tank of gas. I bet if I would have spun it to 7500 I could have gotten 775 out of it. :thumb2:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well--if you ever go to the track, I would run race gas anyway---cheap insurance. That thing would make over 800 with race gas/more timing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back