M&H Racemaster now in 18"

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
DKO said:
What's the tread life like on the M&H and MT drag radials? Similiar to nittos or BFGs? Any of you guys daily drive on them?
The M&H DRs are my daily driver street tires (I race on slicks, not on the DRs). I can't really tell you the tread life yet though. I had about 8K miles on my first pair when they both picked up unrepairable nails, so I replaced them. I now have about 8K miles on my 2nd pair, and they look to still have quite a bit left in them. To be honest, if I get 12K out of them, I'll be happy. They are 10x safer than regular street tires for me, and they bite well on the street.

The only reason I just ordered a new pair is because they can be hard to get sometimes, so I wanted a spare pair in the garage ready to go when these need replaced.

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The M&H DRs are my daily driver street tires (I race on slicks, not on the DRs). I can't really tell you the tread life yet though. I had about 8K miles on my first pair when they both picked up unrepairable nails, so I replaced them. I now have about 8K miles on my 2nd pair, and they look to still have quite a bit left in them. To be honest, if I get 12K out of them, I'll be happy. They are 10x safer than regular street tires for me, and they bite well on the street.

The only reason I just ordered a new pair is because they can be hard to get sometimes, so I wanted a spare pair in the garage ready to go when these need replaced.

Very interesting... I think these and some gears may be my next mod... then... BARONA!! :beer:

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should have came to barona today. Even though I lost a majority of the races, I still had fun.

I refuse to go until I have something that's going to hook well. I'm on the stock clutch still and I can't afford to slip it in an effort to lower my '60. I'm better off launching at a low RPM with sticky tires to prolong its life. Know what I'm sayin? :beer:

I'll be making my way down there soon though.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Very interesting... I think these and some gears may be my next mod... then... BARONA!! :beer:
Although I love them, I think they might be too tall for an NA car, even with 4.10s. I always had good luck with the shorter DRs when NA. You might want to consider the 275/40-17 M/Ts for the track. They will fit on 17x9 wheels, too.

You should have came to barona today. Even though I lost a majority of the races, I still had fun.
Too hot to go today... hahaha. I'm going next Saturday, Sept 6... they are running from 6pm to midnight. Much cooler. Oh, and Qualcomm on Fri, 9/5.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score

Same here, even though right now I dont have the same power level as you do, I prefer 10X more a DR than a regular street tire, my car is my DD too.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
This thread has helped.... Going with the 275/50/17's for my stock wheels. Thanks

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are 10x safer than regular street tires for me, and they bite well on the street.

Gotta quote the same line. I don't trust going even half WOT except in a straight line right now with Nitto 555s. Anything to the left or right and my ass end is braking loose. One more month and I have to swap to my all weather tires anyway, but will have some good DRs by next Mar/April. Interesting to see what sizes come out in the meantime...**cough325/45 18cough**

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd love a 275/40 OR 275/45 to fit on the stock rims

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the M&H 275/50/17's on the stock 17 inch wheels?

I think Roper did too. Could be wrong though.

They should fit good... the tires are 8.8" wide, so an 8" rim width is just right.

Yup.

MH2.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back