NC car requirements and Housing

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
I am moving to Fayetteville pretty soon and I was just wondering if there were any emissions checks there etc that I should know about.

Also, looking to buy a house, going to be working at Pope AFB...where are some good places to live? Thanks guys.

Josh

Ricketts

forum member
Reaction score
Yes all counties in the area EXCEPT Hoke county require emission inspections. Any specific inspection questions or Fayetteville area questions let me know, be more then happy to help.

swervo

forum member
Reaction score
They hook up to your OBDII to see if any of your emissions sensors are "Ready" or "Not Ready" Sometimes they'll look under your car too.

For housing, check out Raeford, it's outside of Fayette-Nam and my cousin says it's nice out there.

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
cool deal. So I would have to have my sensors turned on for that or will they be okay off?

I was looking out there for housing....a lot of big nice houses for sure. thanks for the heads up.

swervo

forum member
Reaction score
Your sensors will have to be on. I went through this with my twin tubo'd Mach and it would not pass because I had the sensors turned off.

BlueByYou

Tuscarora Native American
Reaction score
I live in Scotland County and i have no cats. The shops here don't hook up NOTHING!!! They just check lights,wipers,etc. No emissions testing here plus Rockinham Dragway is only 25 miles away!! Alot of nice homes here for less than 200k!! Plus Fayettville is only 30-40 min. away. Goodluck!!

Last edited:

ren274u

forum member
Reaction score
I live out by raeford, its gonna be like a 30 min drive to pope hoping traffic isnt to bad, which it can be

Back