Need The Part Number For Harmonic Balancer Tool on 2007 Mustang GT

nycmikie1

forum member
Reaction score
And if somebody can also tell me where they bought that tool to remove the harmonic balancer there are NO threaded holes in the balancer! I have a 10% overdriven innovators west 8 rib and I also need to get 8 rib for a/c,alt,water pump,p/s does anybody have part #s and do you get them at my local dealer?
last question how to remove the alt. pulley another tool? dont see any nut in there.
Heres the deal I have a 2007 mustang GT with a k/b 2.6H in low boost with only 400 miles took out 2 tensioners now have thump RRR racing so thats solved so I bought a gates serpentine laser to check aliment of all pulleys on my 6 rib k/b is in line with the crank,alt and p/s is 1/2 rib back from k/b blower then the big one the a/c is 1 full rib ahead of crank and thats not good so I want to change to 8 rib before I waste my time trying to aline the 6 rib so need some help in detail from others doing the change over
Thanks Mike

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got a 3-jaw puller from Napa I believe---I will go to the garage and see if I see a part# on it.

As far as the 8-rib, see BGG Performance in the vendor section. I got all of my 8-rib pulleys for a/c, p/s, idlers through Dave and a good tensioner through Peter (THUMP_RRR). He is also in the vendor section.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I used a puller that bolted into the OD pulley. i have a innovators west OD pulley as well. once bolted in it pulled the pulley right off as i tightened it down.

As far as the alternator tool, anyone with a saleen blower has a tool that came with their kit to remove it. Hopefully someone wont mind lending it to you

I rented the power steering pulley tool from autozone for $40 bucks. when i returned it i got a full refund

As for the A/C i dont beleive there is much you can do. i think if you loosen the bolts that hold it to the motor, you have a small amount of play you can push or pull it forwrd or back with but thats about it.

The stock water pump has 4 bolts in it. once removed the pulley comes off leaving the pump in place, you can then remiovethe pump if yiou are repalceing it with an electric once, but there is o adjsutment in either the stock or electric one as far as pulley alignment.

GI Joe sells the 8 rib kits for our cars.

http://www.bggperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_13&products_id=35

Hope that helps.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used a 3 jaw puller. Checker had a whole set to take it off and put it back on

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

twinscrewed

forum member
Reaction score
Didnt want to start a new thread for this, but does anyone know how to calculate what boost would be for a 10% overdriven crank pulley with a whipple HO set up? Or a website that I can use to figure it out? Id like to get more boost without going down from a 3.0" blower pulley to a 2.8" pulley.

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
The 3 jaw puller for the Oldsmobile is what you want. Autozone rents them for free. You just make the purchase and then have 90 days to return.

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have any idea if there is a difference between the Oldsmobile and Chrysler 3 jaw puller?

Nope. The difference you are looking for is the 3 jaw type rather than the 3 bolt type. I do know the 3 claw generic type will not work because of the arc in the jaws.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
You need the smaller 3 jaw puller with a center shaft about 5 inches unless you feel like removing the fan. I got the generic kind to work. The jaws can be unbolted and reversed on mine to find the best arc.

Last edited:

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
I got the generic kind to work. The jaws can be unbolted and reversed on mine to find the best arc.

Tried this on two different generics - no go. I guess it depends on the generic.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back