New shortblock options

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
So I have had some good news and some bad in the last week. Good news, cancer is still gone. Been 3 years and all is well. Very optimistic reports from all the Docs.

But as for the car...my low oil pressure warning ended up being at least a spun rod bearing and or main bearing. Oil is full of metal. The car still starts up just fine and idles with a slight knock. Not bad but not good enough lol. I do not think I can complain very much. I got 30,000 miles out of the built short block living around 600 hp. That's over 10 years. They were very hard miles...and a lot of passes at the track.

So I am in search of options.

The car is an 06' with a 4r70w from Freddy Brown. Everything has been built except for the stock axles. Currently it has KB 2.6 on it making max boost. I will be taking it off and selling the complete system to some lucky buyer.

Plans are to put on a big single turbo on. I am not going to reinvent the wheel. I am going to go with a proven engine and single turbo system similar to Sactowns. But since Sactown is a panzy bitch, my car will be faster.

So plans are:

Aluminum block
Unknown internals. It's possible mine only needs bearings and some polishing of some of the internals. Currently they are Diamond CP pistons, Kellogg crank, Manley H beam.
Stock heads
Turbo cams
FRPP intake
Unknown throttle body, probably a big FRPP.

Hopefully...the cam journals are not damaged.

Single turbo kit, most likely using the PTE 7675 CEA and or a slightly larger turbo.

Goal is to make somewhere between 900-1000 hp to wheels and get into the low 9s.

Should be done by next month right?? I'll probably think about it for a bit before I decide on what I want to do. I've got the 65 I can race this season.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
So I will probably have a new complete short block built. For Rod pins and pistons, any suggestions and why?

Considering L and M engines for the build of the short block.

S

santi_bh88

So I will probably have a new complete short block built. For Rod pins and pistons, any suggestions and why?

Considering L and M engines for the build of the short block.

Brenspeed? Many people have them.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
First of all congrats on the cancer. Hope all stays well.

I upgraded the wrist pins in mine to the tool steel .200 wall. I purchased my pistons from Modular Head Shop, Jordan is the man over there. My motor should be good to around 800 wheel and I'm near that right now.

If you are going with L&M, they will hook it up. Just tell them your goal and they will build the right engine for you.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
First of all congrats on the cancer. Hope all stays well.

I upgraded the wrist pins in mine to the tool steel .200 wall. I purchased my pistons from Modular Head Shop, Jordan is the man over there. My motor should be good to around 800 wheel and I'm near that right now.

If you are going with L&M, they will hook it up. Just tell them your goal and they will build the right engine for you.

That's what im thinking. I think instead of choosing parts in going to choose a builder. In 2007 there were not a lot of known options for our cars. Now there is a ton.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on a clean bill of health..... That's​ awesome! I'm in the keeping simple camp and just order from brenspeed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back