Stalked by a 2010 Camaro

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Last Saturday night at the Ford vs Chevy event at Gulfport raceway I had a good time knocking the rust off since last December but had an interesting development while making some TnT passes in the staging lane. Seems an unidentified 2010 Camaro SS showed up. The tower announcer couldn’t identify whether it was a v6 or v8 and HE’s A Chevy guy. Well after I made a few 12.5 passes I started getting folks asking me “whats ya got in it” to my simple reply stock block with bolt ons…no n20 tonight. A lot of folks seemed surprised that these cars can run that good. I will inform you though that most local cars around here are older chevy’s and mustangs with moded engines and appears the people are not keen how well these cars run. There were a couple of s197 running but they were in the mid 13’s (Roush) and high 13’s to low 14’s, two Lightnings, one low 13’s and the other about the times I was running ~12.7. There were no street s197 running quicker than me and that was kinda a bummer, O5MUSTANG KB from the other side of the lake Ponchartrain was going to attend from what he told me but fuel pump issues prevented that from happening. Later on some folks who had been watching the camaro mentioned that I ought to run him. Me thinking it was a new 2010 SS thought why not and told them if he lines up with me we’ll go. A father who’s son C5 was behind me ask me if I wanted to run his son and, same reply. The c5 had a tune, full exhaust and DR’s. We talked and nothing came about it after he seen my time slip. Funny thing, he mentioned the camaro and I kinda blew it off, we’ll go if he lines up next to me. So as the evening passed this camaro seemed to be a car or two behind me, stalking me but never lining up to go. I was cutting some good light’s ( .5xx) , 60’ and 1/8 times but it seemed my ¼ times and mph were off abit (Texaco gas) and low tank level I guess. About this time these Air Force and Marines I had been talking to said I could take him…I wasn’t surprised but the camaro had NTA on his windshield AND AN SS HPE 600 on the front qtr panels, hummmm? Watched him run the quicker lightning and lost. The lightning burned his ass out of the whole but look like the camaro was hauling ass from 1/8 mile on however the lightning won. Things got stranger when more folks from the New Orleans area were looking at the car and then going back over to that guys car, something was going on but I didn’t give a shit but evidently they did. As the TnT evening came to the close I found myself and a hand full of other cars still in the staging lanes but no “HENNESSEY” SS Camaro HPE600. Made my last run loaded up the car and kids and left the track but made a stop at the Shell station outside of the gate next to the interstate to get a beer and gas and guess who pulled up, you guess it…Mr Hennessey. We get to talking, he’s a young guy with his wife and he’s really proud of the car and I have to admit it looks nice, especially when he opens the hood to a engine bay with a polished BLOWER with what he indicates not the 600hp version but 705 version…hummmm, but for $98k I said ouch how much are your payments? F#$k I paid with cash I own a chain of convenience stores. Every other word out of his mouth, and wifes was worse than a six day long drunken sailor. The guy adds he was wanting to run me all night but trying to learn how to drive it better. This cat had 20” 305 MT DR’s on it, wow they were big. He asked me what I had and mentioned the blower to which I replied nope n/a, then the comment his cars weighs 4000 lbs. Ok, mine weighs 3700 with me in it and you have twice the hp, so. He said next time out he wants low 11’s or high 10’s…I said nothing but we talked a little longer and complimented each other’s car. His car look awesome with the skirts and front modification but those tires looked HUGE…mine must have looked tinny to his eyes cause he mentioned I would run quicker with a bigger tire, I guess mid 1.6 60’ times arnt good enuff, LOL.

I kick myself for not having the N20 setup ready for the night. What better way to sucker someone in for the kill. Anyway I’ll take my $27k car and go home.

BTW the funnest run was against a pro stock Summit racing ACDELCO 7 second CAR…I tree’d him for about 10’.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was long, lol..I guess he read somewhere that his "Hennesy" is 700 horsepower lol..My buddy owns a shop and just did 2 SS Hennesy conversions as well as his own tune for it. Just over 500 whp on a stingy Mustang dyno..The owners havent run them at the track yet, but the torque curve is damn good on the dyno sheet..But it is a big heavy car, and I doubt that it will bust an 11.99 even with a tire..

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was a Magnacharger right? And for the record, Hennesy sucks balls, or so Ive heard..There is plenty of horror stories..

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
It looked like it "polished blower" not the TVS blower on the highr models. Once they get to the 705hp setup it goes to the ls9 block and TVS blower, up from there turbo setups.
It looked like this without the valve covers.

Last edited:

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It looked like it "polished blower" not the TVS blower on the highr models. Once they get to the 705hp setup it goes to the ls9 block and TVS blower, up from there turbo setups.
It looked like this without the valve covers.

Ya, its the Magnacharger..And the 2 my buddy did had full exaust from the headers back too...

Mickey

forum member
Reaction score
Good write up. I wish more folks would be a little more detailed in their write ups.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday night at the Ford vs Chevy event at Gulfport raceway I had a good time knocking the rust off since last December but had an interesting development while making some TnT passes in the staging lane. Seems an unidentified 2010 Camaro SS showed up. The tower announcer couldn’t identify whether it was a v6 or v8 and HE’s A Chevy guy. Well after I made a few 12.5 passes I started getting folks asking me “whats ya got in it” to my simple reply stock block with bolt ons…no n20 tonight.

A lot of folks seemed surprised that these cars can run that good. I will inform you though that most local cars around here are older chevy’s and mustangs with moded engines and appears the people are not keen how well these cars run. There were a couple of s197 running but they were in the mid 13’s (Roush) and high 13’s to low 14’s, two Lightnings, one low 13’s and the other about the times I was running ~12.7.

There were no street s197 running quicker than me and that was kinda a bummer, O5MUSTANG KB from the other side of the lake Ponchartrain was going to attend from what he told me but fuel pump issues prevented that from happening. Later on some folks who had been watching the camaro mentioned that I ought to run him.

Me thinking it was a new 2010 SS thought why not and told them if he lines up with me we’ll go. A father who’s son C5 was behind me ask me if I wanted to run his son and, same reply. The c5 had a tune, full exhaust and DR’s. We talked and nothing came about it after he seen my time slip. Funny thing, he mentioned the camaro and I kinda blew it off, we’ll go if he lines up next to me.

So as the evening passed this camaro seemed to be a car or two behind me, stalking me but never lining up to go. I was cutting some good light’s ( .5xx) , 60’ and 1/8 times but it seemed my ¼ times and mph were off abit (Texaco gas) and low tank level I guess. About this time these Air Force and Marines I had been talking to said I could take him…I wasn’t surprised but the camaro had NTA on his windshield AND AN SS HPE 600 on the front qtr panels, hummmm?

Watched him run the quicker lightning and lost. The lightning burned his ass out of the whole but look like the camaro was hauling ass from 1/8 mile on however the lightning won. Things got stranger when more folks from the New Orleans area were looking at the car and then going back over to that guys car, something was going on but I didn’t give a shit but evidently they did.

As the TnT evening came to the close I found myself and a hand full of other cars still in the staging lanes but no “HENNESSEY” SS Camaro HPE600. Made my last run loaded up the car and kids and left the track but made a stop at the Shell station outside of the gate next to the interstate to get a beer and gas and guess who pulled up, you guess it…Mr Hennessey.

We get to talking, he’s a young guy with his wife and he’s really proud of the car and I have to admit it looks nice, especially when he opens the hood to a engine bay with a polished BLOWER with what he indicates not the 600hp version but 705 version…hummmm, but for $98k I said ouch how much are your payments? F#$k I paid with cash I own a chain of convenience stores.

Every other word out of his mouth, and wifes was worse than a six day long drunken sailor. The guy adds he was wanting to run me all night but trying to learn how to drive it better. This cat had 20” 305 MT DR’s on it, wow they were big. He asked me what I had and mentioned the blower to which I replied nope n/a, then the comment his cars weighs 4000 lbs.

Ok, mine weighs 3700 with me in it and you have twice the hp, so. He said next time out he wants low 11’s or high 10’s…I said nothing but we talked a little longer and complimented each other’s car.

His car look awesome with the skirts and front modification but those tires looked HUGE…mine must have looked tinny to his eyes cause he mentioned I would run quicker with a bigger tire, I guess mid 1.6 60’ times arnt good enuff, LOL.

I kick myself for not having the N20 setup ready for the night. What better way to sucker someone in for the kill. Anyway I’ll take my $27k car and go home.

BTW the funnest run was against a pro stock Summit racing ACDELCO 7 second CAR…I tree’d him for about 10’.

just making this easier to read

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back